Had a fright!

Redders

Visit site
So I always pop into the yard on my way home from night school to say hi to my girl. This is between 2030 and 2200, tonight it was 2230, stables are in a large barn as security light only reaches the front entrance, round the corner where the light switches are it's really dark, I don't bother with a torch as the route is clear and I know my way round there, tonight I got to the dark patch and 'sensed' something in front of me, followed by a knocking and heavy breathing and I completely cacked myself! Put my hands out to defend myself while screaming and felt fur- brain wasn't thinking logically and I thought it was some sort of furry monster (it had been a loooong day) so double panicked. Brain switched on and eyes adjusted and I realised it was an escapee horse who was trying to eat the chicken corn. Escapee was put back in and all was well. Just wanted to share my night time mishap- roll on lighter evenings please! I really have myself a fright!

Sukistokes2

Visit site
Glad your alright, the other night I went flying over in the dark, my recently retired Dad had had a clear up and left a pile of metal on one of my little short cut routes. I did invent some new names for him!! :)

Glad your ok, does make your heart beat fast doesn't it......;)

flirtygerty

Visit site
Sorry but I had to laugh, had a flashback to when I had to go down our long garden in the dark, I was just thinking, if I see a rat, I'll die, got to the shed, looked up and screamed, turned tail and ran, it wasn't till I got half way up the garden I realised it was a cat on the roof, I don't know who got the bigger fright, me or the poor cat

Redders

Visit site
Haha! I wonder what the cat and horse made of us screaming and running from them! Luckily the mare was to preoccupied trying to get in the feed bins than react to my squeals! Damn ninja stealth animals!

[100323]

Visit site
Many years ago I was doing my horse in the dark.I could feel somebody watching me. I was getting more and more spooked. Eventually I found it. An owl sitting on a tall post watching me.