Had a hack out this morning, after

The Fuzzy Furry

🦄 🦄
Visit site
..not riding much in the past 2 weeks (poss 4 x 30 mins sessions if lucky).

Sun was out, not cold and we enjoyed ourselves for some of it :)
However, big Fuzzy was a little sharp & was imagining too much and became a little to OTT on occasions, feels like spring has sprung :D

We saw a deer - this made us sit up & then spook (we see them in the thickets most times we ride out!)
I wanted an extension in 3rd gear, was great for about 6 strides & then 'lazy mode' came in :rolleyes: drumming with my heels we managed in the end, tho heels had to get quite sharp.

Humming on the way back we sang our usual ditty, to the Doe, a deer a female deer....

Doh! a spook, a shy and spook........
Hooray, a gallop we have done!
Me, I am a too fresh horse, but:
Far, its too damn far to run!
So, she's smacked me on the bum
La, its hurts like hell and more
Tea, I dont think I'll be getting
That brings us back to
Doh!

Am I the only nutter who ends up making up ditties or singing songs etc as we go along? :confused: :eek:

WelshRuby

Visit site
Lol! No you're not the only one! I've always sung to all my horses. The current one loves Take That songs even tho' I'm not the most harmonious singer! Sometimes I'll change the words if she's being silly to fit the mood. Do you get funny looks from members' of the public?

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
So do we, possibly because we also "dance" on the horses. So if you see a mother and daughter pair, out on two big bays, singing very badly and attempting to do the macarena, that's us. Or it might be the timewarp, that's an especial favourite of my daughter's.

Janah

Visit site
I sing if my boy is acting up, always works, I can't hold a tune to save my life. Instant obedience to shut me up!