Had my lesson on an ex-GP dressage horse!

_jetset_

Visit site
Wow... that's all I can say!

I am still excited about it now, I had such a fantastic thirty minutes riding! It is nice to know that you are actually pressing the right switches, but the ex Grand Prix horse is just so sensitive that you only need to fine tune things rather than turning a great big knob!

We were doing flying changes and trying to encourage me to feel a true contact where the horse is searching for the bit and in a true outline rather than backing off the leg etc.

I cannot wait for next week!

teapot

Visit site
fantastic!

One of the RS horses I ride is an ex-advanced level eventer, and there's an ex GP horse too who's occasionally used. You learn so much more so quickly

_jetset_

Visit site
I am just going to have a few lessons in a row and then reduce it to once every two to three weeks... I wanted to keep riding while Hannah was in foal but not just on your everyday riding school horses (which many are near me) but on something that will teach me as we go along so that when Han is back in work I can transfer all I have learned onto her...

I just loved it though... I want a GP horse now!

CastleMouse

Visit site
Sounds amazing!
ooo.gif
You are so lucky!
grin.gif

Tempi

Visit site
when i had a leson on my trainers intermediare horse it was amazing, tempi changes, piaffe/passage - best ride ever, but unfortunatly i can only afford one lesson like that every blue moon
frown.gif