Had my lesson with HORSE Magazine - report

MrsMagoo

Visit site
well after a small trek we finally made it to Duncan Inglis yard in west sussex and WOW what a yard. Its like my dream yard and house, soo imaculate (sp?) and organised and all the horses looked lovely...

So after another girl had her lesson it was my time. All tacked up and went in the school to quickly warm up while Duncan had a cuppa
smile.gif
well think he must have liked our flatwork as we only did some shortening and lengthing work in canter then it was straight into jumping. Just started with some small planks on a corner, with the aim being to get a quicker, more active canter coming round to the jump...where as he said I was a bit back to front and would come round really steady then suddenly panic infront of the jump and rush Star, which resulted in her not jumping properly
crazy.gif
also I had to stop 'clicking' her into the jumps which I think is a nervous thing on my behalf lol

Then onto some course work, again working on getting an active rythem all the way around (Star refused the black filler but Duncan said alot of horses do that for some reason).

Anyway thats the jist of the lesson and I didnt have time to upload pics last night but theres a quick vid clip of some of the lesson
smile.gif

Wasnt jumping as big as we normally would but Star did really well, Oh but he did put the wall and Oxter to 1.15m for the last few jumps so was pleased with that (Pics to come later). Duncan was really nice although maybe a bit quiet for clothears here and for some reason kept on calling Star 'HIM'...oh shes soo not a boy lol

Well the whole thing should be in October or November issue so keep your eyes open
smile.gif
Thanks for reading....

BBs

Visit site
WOW fantastic
smile.gif

Looks like you had a super day!

Isnt Duncan rather cute looking? sorry ignore me lol

YAY shall look forward to reading the artical, but how exciting - looks super
smile.gif

Well done

Vxx

Kelly1982

Visit site
Oh wow i bet you loved every minute of it!! Start looks great as usual
smile.gif

Will definatly be looking out for you in the magazine.

I have my leson with Louise tonight
crazy.gif

MrsMagoo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
WOW fantastic
smile.gif

Looks like you had a super day!
Isnt Duncan rather cute looking? sorry ignore me lol
YAY shall look forward to reading the artical, but how exciting - looks super
smile.gif

Well done
Vxx

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks
smile.gif
Hmmm not sure about cute lol...maybe handsome for his age
smile.gif

ClareMc

Visit site
Sounds really good.

Were you nervous? I would have been shaking all over.

Will look out for you in the mag, did they say when it would be published.

MrsMagoo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Wow how fantastic
smile.gif

Where abouts in W Sussex is her based if you don't mind me asking?
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

He was in Cuckfield, lovely little place. Dont think he gives many private lessons though, apparently he trains grooms for top SJ's and the magazine had to pay him extra to get the lessons ;p

MrsMagoo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
ooh I didn't know you are having a lesson with LM! can you let me know how you get on please Kelly? She's only 25 mins away from me and I thought about her before.

Have fun
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Lisa is my normal trainer - shes really nice and easy going
smile.gif
would reccomend her to anyone....

juliehannah58

Visit site
Go on then, who did you prefer as a trainer, DI or LM?

With reasons if you can lol
grin.gif

Since my old trainer of 10 years moved away I haven't really settled with one I like. I was also considering Patrick Nisbit if you've heard of him?
confused.gif

MrsMagoo

Visit site
Personally i prefered LM, much more upbeat with commentary and found it easier to take in what she was saying...whereas as I said earlier DI was sooo quiet I could hardly hear him
smile.gif
and with a montone voice I find it hard to take the info in lol Both very good though and appreciate the mag letting me have that chance with DI
smile.gif

Kelly1982

Visit site
I must admit Lisa sounds lovely on the phone and someone i think you would be able to get on well with and talk to rather than find intimidating if that makes sense.

I will find out for definate tonight though
crazy.gif

kp31

Visit site
Glad to hear lesson went well. My friend had the other lesson with DI, she was really impressed with him and he even offered to train her in future. I have heard nothing but good things about him
smile.gif