hair dying

hunteress

Visit site
My bay cob has a white mark on his nose a rub that has heeled before I had him ive used the makeup but do's anyone know of a dye that works for longer, many thanks.

Ferdinase514

Visit site
I've thought about doing this on Finni's legs for showing - he has white marks all round from eventing scars.

I think a mild dye would be ok?

Perhaps a patch test is in order
smile.gif

Marquire

Visit site
I know of someone who used to show a dark bay hunter but he had one white sock behind and judges always commented on how he looked a bit uneven in his action. He was perfectly sound but the white sock did draw your eye as it was in sharp contrast to the the rest of him.

Now bare in mind this was way before passports etc. So this person I know, dyed here horses sock black using normal human hair dye and the horse did a lot better in the show ring. The horse had no ill effects from the dye and I guess since it was black it didn't have any ammonia in it so wasn't that harsh.

marie

bellgave

Visit site
It is perfectly safe to dye an entire horse!! I have had to do it on many occaisions as I have had a lot of film horses who need to match one and other in order to be the same horse on screen.
I normally go for a semi permenant vegetable based dye. Alwys do a small test patch on the soft skin insiide the elbow and allow 24 hours to ensure there is no reaction. You can use permenant dye if you prefer. Always ensure that it non chemical based.
PM me if I can offer you any more advice etc.