half chap measurement?

X

xspiralx

I am about to buy a new pair from derby house online - but I have NO idea how to measure what size I am!! Can anyone shed any light?

KJJ

Visit site
Measure the widest part around your calf... and then sit on a chair, foot flat on the floor and measure from floor to behind knee for height
smile.gif

X

xspiralx

thanks KJJ - it was the length part that was stumping me! on the website it says "Add 6cm for full stretch of elastic gusset " so I measure and then add 6cm and that's the size right?

KJJ

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
thanks KJJ - it was the length part that was stumping me! on the website it says "Add 6cm for full stretch of elastic gusset " so I measure and then add 6cm and that's the size right?

[/ QUOTE ]Ohh never heard that before? Do you think they mean the elastic stirrup?!?

I'd give them a call just to be sure - they're really helpful at Derby house
smile.gif

X

xspiralx

I just called them and now I am MORE confused!

She said it wasn't from the floor but from the ankle bone to the back of the knee....which makes my leg 35cm...

oh my GOD I can't work it out at all! its beginning to look like I have really stumpy but fat dwarf legs!!

KJJ

Visit site
Hmm tough one... they seem to generalise on sizes..

If I were you I'd go with a medium.. purely because chaps tend to 'slouch/ruffle' slightly at the ankle... that way you only have 1cm on the height extra but an extra cm on the width too!!

I have to have my chaps specially made for me as I'm such and irregular size!!
blush.gif

Sure you'd be fine with the medium or small if you can squeeze your calves in!!
smile.gif
(ppsstt my calves are 17inches... so your 13/14 is tiny to me!! LOL!!)

KJJ

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I just called them and now I am MORE confused!

She said it wasn't from the floor but from the ankle bone to the back of the knee....which makes my leg 35cm...

oh my GOD I can't work it out at all! its beginning to look like I have really stumpy but fat dwarf legs!!

[/ QUOTE ]LOL!!! So what was the 6cm thingy about then??

I'd try medium and see how you get on chick!! You can always send them back!
crazy.gif

X

xspiralx

I can't unfortunately - off to uni sat morning and I need them ordered before then!

X

xspiralx

hmmmm! I just did what i should have done from the start and checked my Ariat Crowne's [nice posh show gaiters!] and they are a small - but not stretchy!

Then looked at my crappy old falling apart suede half chaps and they are a medium - they are slightly baggy but I have managed with them for the last 5/6 years or so [yes they ARE old!] lmao, so I guess I will go with a medium!

KJJ

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
hmmmm! I just did what i should have done from the start and checked my Ariat Crowne's [nice posh show gaiters!] and they are a small - but not stretchy!

Then looked at my crappy old falling apart suede half chaps and they are a medium - they are slightly baggy but I have managed with them for the last 5/6 years or so [yes they ARE old!] lmao, so I guess I will go with a medium!

[/ QUOTE ]Good plan
smile.gif

vic07

Visit site
for comparison my ariat's are a MT. And my legs measure as a 15.5 inch (40cm) around calf and 50 cm length. I have found you need them tight to start with or they end up so baggy. You can always send them back.....small or medium sounds about right! The perils of shopping online!

X

xspiralx

argh! Its so hard to know! I agree that mine have ended up baggy-ish, but still fit okay. Hmmmmm - I would get small, and they ARE stretchy...but don't want them too tight!

hmmm maybe will try small then
crazy.gif

X

xspiralx

no that was helpful! I dunno what the website is on about though, because it makes out like I have massive calves and thats obviously not the case lol! I think I will go with small - I have shortish legs anyway, but if they are way too tight I can always send them back I guess!