Half pad (with sheep skin) recommendation please...

_jetset_

Visit site
I have been recommended by my saddle fitter to get a half pad for Hannah... Grace has one which I can use for the rest of the week, but she will need it herself from monday and I am on minutes as it is without having to swap pads around
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif

I love Grace's because it has a gap in the sheep skin over the spine, but I bought it at a gorgeous shop at Olympia upstairs from a German guy (his company had come over from Germany... so not around here), and have no idea what make it is!

So, does anyone have any recommendations for a good one?

KatB

Visit site
Morpheus desigsn are beautiful and not too thick. They arent expensive and really are sooo soft
grin.gif
A well known saddler in Dorset recommends them highly apparently, and it was a friend of mine who put me onto them !!

SpottedCat

Visit site
I have to use one on B (sweat rash) and have tried several makes:

Roma look good but after a few washes go a bit thin, but my Christ Horsedream one comes up like new every time and is brilliant. My latest one is a Griffen Nuumed one with memory foam in - seems to relieve pressure points and is lovely and thick as it reshapes itself, however it hasn't been put to the wash test yet!

Elise

Visit site
I love the one I have by Bartl. I also find Bartl products wash really well. I have tried other makes and the sheepkin doesn't wash well at all so Bartl is defintely my favourite!
grin.gif

CheziBrown

Visit site
I've got the Nu Med - Hi wither close contact with half sheepskin. Is fab - costs £50.00. Just washed it yesterday and seems okay.

Pidge

Visit site
Pidge does and I don't use anything else with his dressage saddle as I never found anything else that would stay up ov er his withers, it also stays up in the gullet at the back of the saddle too. Friend borrowed mine for a dressage comp and is now saving up for one as she loved it too
grin.gif

SpottedCat

Visit site
The griffen ones with memory foam and shaped in a high wither style - I *think* it may take the place of the christ one as my fave, but until it has passed the washer/drier test, who can say.... (it will not be long before I dozily drop it in the mud I am sure!!)

Folara

Visit site
I used to use the Stephens ones till I got a Suberpad. They wash very well and still looked good 6 months on.

I *may* have a new one still that I bought and didnt use.

I will look tomorrow and will be very happy to post it to you if you want and I can find it!

Ludi-doodi

photobucket.com
I have a cottage craft and the sheepskin is really fluffy and soft. I think it's got the gap across the spine and although I got mine very cheap because they'd mispriced it, the full price is only about £35.

Sammason

Visit site
yeah i hav a cottage craft one and hav no complaints so far. only been using for a month but noticed a difference in mare's way of going. she alot freer throu her back.
xx

bugsysmum

Visit site
I bought one last weeked from a local saddlery - it's a full saddlecloth with the sheepskin on the top half, and it has the gullet free of sheepskin. It's a Shires one and cost me £23!
I've also got a full sheepskin saddlecloth from Shires which I've had for a few years, and it washes up really well and has stayed soft.
Would def recommend them..

miller

Visit site
Mattes one has a gap I think - only one I can find that stays up in the wither and it has a clip thing that holds it up into the saddle - had Stphens and Bartl before and would now only buy Mattes personally - wash brilliantly too

_jetset_

Visit site
Thanks everyone... I really appreciate these comments and suggestions!

I love Grace's, but like I say, I bought it from a German company who were at Olympia (even their credit card machine was German)!

lucym

Visit site
i have a mattes one, it is gorgeous quality and has a gullet along the spine free from sheepskin. wouldnt hesitate to buy another one- if i had the money that is
tongue.gif

NAALA

Visit site
Mattes fan here. These are made in Germany and are fantastic, they dont slip, rub, move they are spine free and come in about thirty different colours. They are real sheepskin. They also do the saddle clothes, numnahs, pads you name it and they do everything. I have come across a fantastic tack shop in Devon called Wychanger Barton. They will order anything you want from Mattes and they are so efficient. I live in the Midlands and from now on will always use this shop for all my tack needs because they will always source it for you.
smile.gif
Numnahs.com are the agents for Mattes but you have to order from a stockist. Have a look at website.

_jetset_

Visit site
I have just bought a Mattes one from Wychanger... I have bought an Xtra Full as I wanted a trim on it and the lady recommended this for an 18" saddle
smile.gif

Thanks everyone... she will have to use Grace's this week but hopefully by next weekend she will have one all of her own
smile.gif

seche

Visit site
I know Fusion Saddles (google them) make a pad with non sheep spine/wither. Their saddles are gorgeous!!!