Half pads?

BeckyMason97

Visit site
Can anyone recommend a good half pad? Price isn't really a problem. I've been looking at Lemieux more than anything else, but not sure if there's any better ones about?

Spyda

Visit site
Can anyone recommend a good half pad? Price isn't really a problem. I've been looking at Lemieux more than anything else, but not sure if there's any better ones about?

I don't know about 'better' than Lemieux but I have a couple of Stephen's half pads I use and wash regularly and can vouch for their quality and denseness (sp?) of sheepskin. I've read that some of the cheaper lamb/sheepskin half pads can comprise of patches sewn together - rather than one piece of sheepskin. I can highly recommend the Stephen's pads. Hope that helps :)

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Can't speak for their half pads but my Lemieux girth sleeve has some bald patches:( I'm a bit disappointed with how it has worn, considering I have looked after it very carefully.

If money is really not a problem, I can't recommend Mattes Platinum pads highly enough. I have one for my dressage saddle and it has worn so well, I'm amazed. I've been using it for 2 years - against the horse's back so it does get sweaty and dirty, and it still washes up like new:)

rhino

Visit site
I've read that some of the cheaper lamb/sheepskin half pads can comprise of patches sewn together - rather than one piece of sheepskin.

This, although it's not just the cheaper ones. Make sure which ever one you decide to buy is made of a single piece of sheepskin :)

Copperpot

Visit site
I have Bartl and Mattes fully lined numnahs and the Mattes one is better IMHO. I was considering a Le Mieux one next, hope it doesn't get bald patches!! May stick with Mattes!