Halloween fancy dress ideas

mini_b

Visit site
Anyone got any good ideas for fancy dress (horse and rider)
Can’t be too mental and flappy as I will get chucked off and need to be able to jump in it.

criteria
- CHEAP / DIY
- won’t get me totally decked
- no painted on skeletons please (I do not have the patience or the time before the show)

I am feeling positively uninspired.

texenstar

Visit site
I'm not sure how versitile this would be for jumping but I used to do some fancy dress shows on my pony when I was a kid. Resued a load of my grandma's old clothes and went wild! I will try and add a photo. Best costume was as a 'warrier'. Made a mounted games flag as a spear (or you could use a crop?) and a washing basket lid as a shield plus some fabric round a chest piece, browband, and numnah. I dressed up too! Was a lot of fun to be honest and would be a laugh to have a go as an adult!

Some other options I remeber seeing were things like a hot wheels car (flames painted on the horse), a scarecrow with the horse dressed as some corn,a snowflake theme if it can be christmassy.... and I am sure I can remember some more tonight.

Let us know what you come up with! :D

GreyMane

Visit site
Most Embarrassing Jumper - really OTT jumper, think the mum in The Goldbergs
Tango/High Fizzibility/High Risibility - Charity shop ensemble, all matchy and as orange as you can find? Could include high viz orange. Orange bandages for horse.
Crash Test Dummy - One-colour outfit with black and yellow circles on limbs, hat, elbows etc
What's up Doc? - Horse with white bunny tail pompom and plasters on knees, you in medical scrubs with necklace of carrots? No maybe not.

my sense of humour gets worse with every passing year. ?

TPO

Visit site
I've got a tango horse too.

I've only done Halloween once and I have the imagination of a gnat and creative skills to match.

Rubbish photos but you get the gist. Not the warmest costume at the end of October but the layering helped enhance my "muscles" ??

Screenshot_20211019-222023_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20211019-222040_Instagram.jpg

mini_b

Visit site
I've got a tango horse too.

I've only done Halloween once and I have the imagination of a gnat and creative skills to match.

Rubbish photos but you get the gist. Not the warmest costume at the end of October but the layering helped enhance my "muscles" ??

View attachment 81373

View attachment 81374

TPO you are ripped ?

I have a plan… I won’t be posting photos on forum cos I’m a privacy nut but if we end up going, I will DM pics.

spoiler. It’s not scary Halloweeny but pop culture and tbh it’s quite funny.
NOT squid game ?

Reactions: TPO