Hand hold needed

Surbie

Visit site
Thinking of you - the waiting is so hard. You know you're doing the right thing by him and I hope you can take some comfort from that.

blood_magik

Visit site
He’s gone.

im annoyed though - i’d said that I wanted to come in and sit with him once he was on the ground. They thought I meant I’d come in once he was gone so I didn’t get to say goodbye. ?

all of the horses were shouting when we came out of the arena ?

Keira 8888

Visit site
You've done him an incredible kindness. How are you feeling? Have been thinking about you all day. Look after yourself tonight and just know that you did the very best thing for him. Sending hugs xx

saalsk

Visit site
Be kind to yourself and try not to dwell on the things you can't change. You may well, with time, feel that not sitting with him once he was gone was perhaps a different ending that was actually a better one for you. You said your goodbyes when he was there to hear them, and did the best for him as an owner - many horses don't get that. I was thinking of you this afternoon while I was filling water buckets, and hoping it went as smoothly as these things can do.

Wobbles will happen. Let them, and then pick yourself up with a glass of ribena, and try to remember a nice memory instead. It is ok to have things happen that send you back to how awful the whole thing is to loose a much loved animal, and there isn't a time limit really on when it stops. All the *firsts* - first time you see the empty stable, first time having to do something with a rug, or tack. First time you get to farrier time or vaccination time, and it isn't happening. Have a moment, then remember a nice hack out, or when he did something naughty-but-quite-sweet.

Take care.

blood_magik

Visit site
The knacker man arriving with the trailer set me off ?

Im ok. Going to go empty his stable and check on the others. Have one going up for sale so that will keep me busy for a bit.

Keira 8888

Visit site
Keeping busy is all you can do - let time work it’s magic. I’m sure you will go through a whirlwind of emotions but just try to think about the peace you have given him. Could you maybe meet a good friend for a dinner tonight? Always good to have a good talk and blow out of emotions after such a traumatic experience. Xx

Keira 8888

Visit site
Be kind to yourself and try not to dwell on the things you can't change. You may well, with time, feel that not sitting with him once he was gone was perhaps a different ending that was actually a better one for you. You said your goodbyes when he was there to hear them, and did the best for him as an owner - many horses don't get that. I was thinking of you this afternoon while I was filling water buckets, and hoping it went as smoothly as these things can do.

Wobbles will happen. Let them, and then pick yourself up with a glass of ribena, and try to remember a nice memory instead. It is ok to have things happen that send you back to how awful the whole thing is to loose a much loved animal, and there isn't a time limit really on when it stops. All the *firsts* - first time you see the empty stable, first time having to do something with a rug, or tack. First time you get to farrier time or vaccination time, and it isn't happening. Have a moment, then remember a nice hack out, or when he did something naughty-but-quite-sweet.

Take care.

THIS!!!!!! Perfect words ?

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I think we always think there is something we could/would wish we had done differently. By the time he was down on the ground he wouldn't have been aware who was there. Be glad that you were able to do the best thing for him, and remember he is now in no pain or danger.
I usually find that having to deal with the others helps me to not dwell on the loss.

View

Visit site
You’re allowed to have wobbles and bad moments - they happen because you care.

It’s normal to feel relief that it’s over - and also normal to feel guilty that you feel relieved.

So carry on caring, and carry on looking after the others. But most importantly look after yourself and take one step at a time.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
so sorry but glad it went ok. whenever i have had this done i think i was usually in shock for a couple of days and cant quite believe they have gone. i then had a bit of a wobble and mostly was ok as i knew i had done the right thing for them.i think i had cried so much once i had made the decision i didnt have many tears left.... look after yourself, and dont hold your grief in, have a good blub when you feel down...