Handed in my notice at my yard....essex people I need your help!!

olop

Visit site
After having trouble with a fellow livery (long story, dont wish to disclose on an open forum), tonight was the last straw & I have given in my notice, but I have nowhere to go.

Looking for livery in the Chelmsford area my budget is £200 a month. As long as there are friendly people there I have no specific requirements, I just need out of this rotten yard now :(

TIA

dafthoss

Visit site
I'm in that area and thinking of a yard move if you wouldnt mind PMing me so I know where to possibly aviod. I have a list of yards and phone numbers if you want them to.

jojo23

Visit site
I have heard good things about West Bowers livery, don't know if it is close enough to Chelmsford for you but the postcode is CM9 6RZ tel 01245 222820 - you can google them.

olop

Visit site
Thank you - they are literally 10 minutes from my house, will give them a call at lunch, thanks again :)

jojo23

Visit site
Have you tried the Essex Rider, there are a couple of Livery Yards in Danbury by the common but can't remember their names. We looked at the old turkey farm danbury common about 4 years ago, looked nice and the owners - mother and daughter seemed nice but we decided too far from where we lived. Sorry can't remember details.

olop

Visit site
Yeah I have a copy of the ER - the only yards advertsing around here are either part/full (& out of my budget) or the Broomfield yard (no hacking or services which doesnt suit) or the one in Little Baddow (we went to see this one & it had some crazy rules which I couldnt be dealing with!!)

I have contacted Newlands as they are advertising in Ingatestone but with the recently burglary Im not sure if they will be taking on new liveries at the moment.

Thanks for your help :)

olop

Visit site
Hi LB, yeah 40 mins will be a struggle, I work in Maldon so will be coming from there in the evenings so even further. Thanks for the offer though.

olop

Visit site
Thanks hun - yeah I have googled, I have a long list to call at lunch so hopefully I will get some joy from that. There are laods of yards advertising up Colchester/Halstead way but its just that bit too far for me :(
Nobody seems to be advertising around here which is really unusual for this time of year!

JFTDWS

Visit site
Oooh Westbowers looks lovely - I've only seen the photos on the ads though :eek:

Dafthoss I had no idea you were round my way!

sammiea

Visit site
I know a few people at West Bowers & I used to be stabled not far from there at a friends.

If you work in Maldon... why not try Limbourne in Mundon

olop

Visit site
Just got back from lunch - the long list I had, the yards are either full or not picking the phone up.

West Bowers is full - looks so nice though.

I thought Limbourne only did full livery, but will give them a ring when I get home tonight just in case.

If anyone has any other suggestions please get in touch :)

olop

Visit site
Thanks for the link SC - the nearest yard on there to me is 12 miles away & it only does full livery which will be out of budget, thanks anyway :)

JFTDWS

Visit site
Where are you? I'm very near to Norton Heath in my own private place up the road :)

Aimed at Dafthoss - I know where the OP is ;) :D

Bustalot

Visit site
There are loads around the roxwell / writtle area, all of which you have probably tried.

You have Brazils and Birkett hall in Woodham Ferrers. There aren't that many big yards on the roads between Maldon and Chelmsford. There are a few small yards down Sporhams lane in Danbury. One of which i went to see a couple of years ago that had a really nice school, owner lived on site etc.

They normally advertise on websites like stabletalk / newrider. Both are quite 'essex based' advertisers. Also maybe check out preloved they normally have stable spaces advertised

Good luck x