Handsome puppy pics and a question please :)

emma21

Visit site
Bruno is now nearly 5 months and is soo chilled out in the house it's unreal! All he does is curl up like a cat on your lap (tricky now he's more then 25kg...!) and snore alot!!

Am thinking of changing his food though...hes on Arden grange at the mo but was thinking of putting him on either barking heads or fish4dogs?

Anyway pics of the handsome boy :) taken at a busy petshop off lead...!!
738b04c1.jpg

79731ba6.jpg

de29b4ba.jpg

emma21

Visit site
Thankyou I'm biased but i think so! What is your girl? :)

Also to everyone he's going to start gundog classes soon bit is there anything I can do to give him a headstart??

quirky

Visit site
I feed my Iggy on Arden Grange. I tried him on fish4dogs first but he turned his nose up at it. It does smell incredibly of fish, I'm not sure if that's what put him off.

Arden Grange and Fish4dogs are comparable in quality :)

Oh yes, your dog is adorable :).

Elle123

www.ellaporterphotography.co.uk
My girl is a blue roan cocker spaniel called Pixel:) so quite a bit smaller than your Bruno! hehe! Seeing as she's only 11kg fully grown! :D She's blind though bless her so no chance of gun dog classes for her.

How big will he get?!

gunnergundog

Visit site
Also to everyone he's going to start gundog classes soon bit is there anything I can do to give him a headstart??

As he's an HPR and there are exceptions, but it is usually the 'R' bit of the equation that is the weak link, so I would focus on making him a retrieve-aholic!! Doesn't matter at his age what the retrieve article is.....in fact if you can get him to retrieve as many different things as possible once you have built his obsession, so much the better.

Other than that, the basics are just walking nicely to heel (on and off-lead), recall and stop whistles.

Oh and try not to always walk in straight lines......zigzag your way across fields shouting 'this way' so that he follows; this will help for teaching quartering later on. ~Good luck and keep us posted with his progress. I love the breed and am sorely tempted.......

Last edited: