Happy Firle Report from Team Hattikins!

Hattikins

Visit site
I'll keep this short as sadly I have no piccies to stick at the end to keep you all reading!! :p

Firle = absolutely fab event - superb changes to XC course and great use of some of Badders grassroots fences. SJing caused carnage across the boards and had great atmosphere especially on sunday with country fair. and Fab Prizes!!

Saturday Intro: Jack pulled out what was for him a mediocre test - the flies were having a party all over his face so poor Mum was sent to buy fly spray and mask after dressage! Turns out extremely harshly marking section and was jointly leading on 34.5. Jumped a great double clear - made all the distances SJing which frankly gobsmacked me as he likes to shuffle an extra stride in usually! So clever lad Won again!! Keeping him intro until the end of the season as he's still only 7 and had a harder season last year.

Sunday: After sitting on the waitlist all last week - we managed to get Hatts squeezed into the Open PN late Saturday afternoon for Sunday morning- so whizzed Jack home and pulled Hattie out of the field for a scrub and plait. Sam Penn rode her for us and did a magnificent job - having only briefly sat on her last week she pulled off a 31.5 dressage which left her in 2nd place and then jumped a text book double clear to Win!! Chuffed to bits and seriously impressed with the way Sam rode her. So extremely happy weekend all round! :D

oh and just one note of warning......never park underneath large chestnut trees when it's windy! We were parked 30feet from one at Firle in a line with other lorries/trailers - and according to Mum (I was walking XC course) there was the most almightly crack and whooosh and the most enormous branch fully laden with leaves and chestnuts fell about 20feet to the floor! Hattie nearly climbed out of the trailer and most things tied to lorries broke away. The branch landed literally next to the portaloos - can only imagine what might have happened if the portaloos had been positioned 3 feet over to the left! So that made the day more exciting!

Toast and tea available! :D

KatB

Visit site
WOW! What an excellent weekend! 2 wins!! :shocked: :shocked: can;t say much better than that. A HUGE HUGE HUGE well done to the whole team! x

jules89

Visit site
woop what a great weekend! Sam is a lovely rider and even nicer person, but I did get confused why she was riding her lol!

Glad to hear you happy x

Hattikins

Visit site
Thank you all :D I rather enjoyed being an owner though riding her is always better! Well Hattsy is really on the market as I'm off to uni at the end of september, but she's having a run here and there with Sam, as frankly I've ridden her like a muppet for the past few events and the horse deserves better! :D We're just playing it all by ear really and taking each week as it comes - It's that odd feeling of - we know she's got to go but I'd so love to keep her as she's a special mare and I'm never going to have one that talented again or certainly not for a long time. So if anyone would like a nice chestnut mare.... ;) hehe!

Festive_Felicitations

Visit site
I'll have her!
Are you sure you can't keep her through UNI? I know it is hard to believe but you will finish one day and suudenly have lots of time (if no $) to spend with a lovely chestnut mare!

Also avoid Gum (eucalypt) trees on windy days they make Chestnut trees look like total novices in the branch spitting stakes! :)

Eventer96

twitter.com
I will quite happily take her whilst you are at uni... you can have her back after you have finished... haha ;) Hope you managed to find a way to keep her as you are a great pair :D

AutumnRose

Visit site
YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So pleased for you for both days - what a cracking weekend!!! Glad i wasn't under that branch on saturday though!!!

Sam is such a fab rider and so pleased Hatts went well for her! And what can you say about Jack?! I know what you mean about the show jumping distances - i never in a million years thought we'd make it up the double to oxer line with out an extra shuffle!!!

Will see you at Munstead i think?? I hope i'm not in your section ;) ;)

Hattikins

Visit site
Thanks everyone! :D

Jules: I'm off to Loughborough :)

AR: Yup hopefully see you at munstead if Im not balloted!

RRS: Yes I was section B :D Your writing was perfectly legible and gosh those flies were awful! Did you enjoy dressage writing? What was your opinion of the section?

AutumnRose

Visit site
They did the ballot this morning and you're in :) So am i but glad i used my sticker as loads on ballot list :) :) Definitely agree flies were horrid, that'll teach me to forget the fly spray :(

The Bouncing Bog Trotter

Visit site
Argh - wrote a witty and articulate reply and it 'failed' so you've got this one instead.

It was an interesting section and I know I wrote '6' a lot. There wasn't a single '8' although hoped for and there were a smattering of '3's. (Hope I haven't broken some ancient dressage writers covenent by divulging this). One poor rider had a whole gaggle of ramblers amble RIGHT past the arena mid test. The footpath had a closed sign but they either didn't see it or ignored it. Her horse coped very well!

For my sins I do love writing. OH and yard friends think I'm a nutter to sit and write for 40 tests, one every 6 minutes, just for a free lunch but it has improved my own test riding in terms of 'ring craft'.

Also sitting at C is a good place to be as I am on the look out for a talented young rider to take on my talented youngster next year!!!!