Happy hacks

Lacuna

Visit site
I don't know whether the sunny weather has improved my mood significantly but I've been finding the pony hilarious on hacks over the last few weeks.
Whether its jumping over puddles for no reason or giving the wary eyes and sideways gavottes at blades of grass that have the temerity to blow in the wind. I'm chuckling all the time.

At the weekend we went round the village and were passed by a horse box. The equine occupant spotted C and shouted hello. This really confused the poor lad and he spent the next ten minutes shouting 'where are you?' to a fairly empty road. I was almost peeing myself and it also amused some passer-bys.

I love my wee laddy and he's such a good boy - we even had a motorbike pass us at about 25mph yesterday and he didn't even bat an eyelid. This is a pointless post just to say we're really enjoying the summer weather and having lots of fun - even a small amount of jumping!

I hope everyone else is having a great time so far this summer! Roll on the holidays.

Attachments

• pony ears.jpg
    pony ears.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 17

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site
Would love to have heard confused pony calling! I’m on a (horse free) Greek island until September and really need my ‘fix’ of happy stories. Thank you 😊!

EllenJay

Visit site
I hope it wasn't my boy who called from the lorry - he travels really well, but does have the need to whinny to any other equine he sees 🥰

SamBean

Visit site
Haha I've got one who does this! On a new route and he decided to give a massive neigh when he heard a feint and distant reply. Of course from this point on he kept shouting as we passed through a village (one lady had carried a young child out her house and was pointing as we went past). Fortunately for my horse he did get to meet his mystery responder, we had a field of about 5 ponies all saying hello and showing off as we passed! Just so sweet.

emfen1305

Visit site
Ah this made me smile. After a horrible confidence knock at the beginning of the year, I have just started to enjoy riding my lad again and took him out for a 6am before work hack before the flies got too bad. We were sneaking around so not to wake up the residents of the few houses near the yard and thought we had been successful until a horse from a neighbouring yard spotted us and called and then carnage ensued, all of the horses came cantering over and Buddy, who was now elated with his new found celeb status proceeded to address them all individually and very loudly probably waking up the entire village!