Happy post - XC schooling :)

Jo1987

Visit site
Sorry just had to share, so proud of the little horse my cob is becoming! We went xc schooling for the second time a couple of weeks ago and the photos have just come through.
He's my first youngster so I've been taking things very slowly so as not to frighten him with anything!
The first time we went we were both very wobbly, I haven't done much jumping for about 10 years, but he was still very well behaved and took everything in his stride.
The second time though, what a difference! He was confident and really seemed to enjoy himself, jumping from canter (not my favourite thing, but he was giving me confidence with this by the end!)
He even had a splash in the water after seeing another horse playing in it, he usually just walks through - it was nice to see a bit of playfulness coming out as he's usually quite reserved.
Here's a pic of our biggest ever jump, I was terrified but he popped over as if he'd been doing it for years.

image_zpsjqowjahp.jpg

Oh and he travelled there on his own for the first time, and was perfect!

Jo1987

Visit site
Thanks folks, l actually wasn't looking for a youngster, or a cob when I bought him, but that big white face won me over :)
I assumed he'd only be up to hacking but he's proved me very wrong, he's surprisingly athletic for a big lad!
One more, why not :)
image_zpsnzbvqnv2.jpg

Last edited:

kassieg

Visit site
Not a cob person but he's gorgeous!!! How could you not love that face :) good little pop on him too, you both look great!