Happy update (for a change ;) )

Casey76

Visit site
Today I’m writing a happy, happy post!

Last night Blitz had a lesson, it’s the first time he’s been ridden in almost a week so both Katia and I were expecting quite a lot of tension and some evasions (Thursday evenings have always been a bit of a bête noir - no pun intended - for schooling B ) However what we got was a lovely willing horse, working well over his back, lovely fluid paces, lots of adjustability, decent lateral work and some really nice canter work. By the end of the session B was moving from canter to counter canter in a straight line with only a couple of strides of trot in between 😁

There was no pulling or lugging on the rein, no fighting, no teenage strops (no! Won’t do it!).

He looked fabulous!

I’m getting pretty desperate to get back in the saddle, but I think it’s going to be another week or two before my knee is strong enough for the dismount since I’m absolutely terrified of another re-injury.

I can’t thank Katia enough for her effort, skill and patience with my big lump of a horse.

❤️

Reacher

Visit site
Didn't realise you had a bad knee , hope you are riding fit soon. Good that B is being kept going in the meantime, think we need some pics!

Casey76

Visit site
Thanks everyone.

The knee issues are a bit of a sore topic (pun intended)... in May I stepped awkwardly as I dismounted at speed and sprained my lateral collateral ligament and tore my medial collateral ligament. I was in a full leg splint for 2 months, and it was 4 months before I was feeling even remotely normal; I had been back on horse literally 3 times when I made the mistake of dismounting onto concrete rather than in the school, and I re-injured my knee - that was at the end of September. 6 weeks later I’m back to doing chores, and think I could manage once in the saddle, but I have no idea how to dismount without putting too much stress on my knee

In the meantime... a photo from Thursday

1542482793699.jpeg