hard Work!

jcberry

Visit site
My 14.2 has recently been off work for about 2 months with an injury to his foot bones. i really want ot carry on with what i was doing, eg show jumping and pc rallies, but he has been off work for such a long time, im worried he will take the mickey. is there any ideas on how i can slowly get him back into work????
confused.gif

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
Just plenty of pole work to ease him into it,he will have to focus but it wont be as strenuous as actual jumping just yet,just plenty of basic schooling too,all i can suggest,am no expert,sorry
Good luck wth getting him back to fitness
smile.gif

smokeybabes

Visit site
I'd advise you follow your vets advice and only do as much as they say.
It depends what the injury/condition was but you have to remember that the "foot bones" are going to take most of the concussion especially when jumping.

BethH

Visit site
My horse is just coming back in to ridden work after back surgery. My vet advised to carry on with long reining but riding every other day 20 mins, max work 5 times a week. For first 3 weeks just gently walking, then for a further 3 weeks, introduce a little trot work and then gradually increase time ridden before introducing canter. Back to usual work i think is around 10 weeks. If you take your time you are more likely to have a sound horse at the end of it, try to listen to your horse, so you know what his comfort levels are.

Oops forgot to say I had been long reining him 5 times a week for 20 mins for 6 weeks before I got on him but you may not need to take this long depending on your vets advice. I needed to ensure Ryan was able to cope with ground work and over ground poles so that he muscled up a bit before he took the weight of a rider on his back

Hope that helps good luck

ticobay831

Visit site
hes a cheeky litlte devil, hes playing you up again Soph.
Anakan can go out at the weekend, huray. Oscas will be fine he is a star, he knows how to wind you up!!
wink.gif