Harley's 1st Agility Comp clear round!

galaxy

Visit site
I could not be prouder of him!

I took him to 1 competition last year and he had a meltdown on the start line he was so worried. So we did more training and more friendly comps. Took him to a UKA a coulple of weeks ago and was pleased he stayed confident and we did one round with only 4 faults.

Today I took him to another UKA and blow me down he only went clear!!! I was so proud of him!!! Dragged the OH with me and he took a video.

Lots of treats for H today!! He was perfect!!!! :) :) :)

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
Oh I cannot see the video, have tried both pc and phone. :( Regardless a huge well done, I remember that feeling from our first (and only :p) clear, it's brilliant. :)

galaxy

Visit site
Oh I cannot see the video, have tried both pc and phone. :( Regardless a huge well done, I remember that feeling from our first (and only :p) clear, it's brilliant. :)

oh no BC! Maybe technology will play ball later?

Thanks everyone. Harley has been soooo spoilt today! He got a buffolos ear at the show, he's had plenty of biscuits and my OH bought him a whole pack of cocktail sausages!! Hopefully he twigs that being a good boy has good rewards!! ha ha ha!

Dobiegirl

Visit site
I couldnt see it earlier and then signed in with google chrome and its brilliant:) no wonder you are so proud and didnt he cut those corners. He deserved some spoiling after that, but buffalo ears I havnt come across those before presumabley they are larger than pigs ears.

galaxy

Visit site
I hadn#t either DG.... The stand at the show was selling things I had never heard of and I thought they looked the most like something he'd had before that I knew he'd eat!! He can be fussy!! ;) They had some of those antlers, but I really wasn't convinced he would eat it and they weren't cheap ;) ;) Buffolos ears are larger and whiter... That's all I can tell you! ha ha!!

I was so pleased when I looked at the video that he was turning through the air as I told him where to go. He'll never he able to turn as tight as a collie, I think that's probably as good as he could do it. Bless him! :) :)

Dobiegirl

Visit site
No disrespect to the Collie people but I get bored with all those Collies, they never stop barking and its lovely to see other breeds and its more interesting for the public. Fast dogs like GSP/Weims. & Dobes is really interesting to see and at my old club the trainer runs his own Dobe and another person has 2 at different stages of development and there are 2 Weims, a Husky type dog and a Labradoodle. I know Im digging a big hole here for myself:rolleyes: but I liken it to Tbs(Collies) up against the warmbloods which is our breeds.

I must look out for those Buffalo ears Im sure my dogs would love them.

galaxy

Visit site
I'm the only non collie in our training. My trainer is great at adapting techniques for H who clearly is no collie! But one of the ladies always makes comments! ;)

I saw one Dobe there today. Jumped a fence, out the ring, round the burger van, then back in the ring and completed the course!! The owner just stood there laughing!! :)

galaxy

Visit site
I think it is. I can't work her out. The others are TOTALLY lovely though!! I'm under half their age (which is a recurring joke ;) ) They were all there today. One helped me walk the course and told me EXACTLY where to stand so he went in the correct end of the 2nd tunnel. And another burst through the crowd to tell me how great we'd done as I grabbed hold of H at the end of our round. So lovely!

galaxy

Visit site
Thats wonderful they are so supportive and walked the course with you and lets hope the other lady defrosts and comes round.:D

I don't think she actually means what she says.... I don't think she knows how she comes across? I'm not that sensitive so just ignore ;)

Dizzle

Visit site
Fab video!

I've been doing agility for 7 weeks with my Border Terrier, the first couple of weeks he was the only dog in the class that had to be held at the start as he couldn't/wouldn't wait.

Now he can do a simple course off lead including turns and he LOVES it. I think he has the makings of a cracking dog (although I don't doubt that in the field in your video he'd have b*ggered off!!!)