Hartpury College

LadyLuck

Visit site
Any one been or going???
I going in september to do Equine Managment National Diploma, very scared!!!
JUst wondered what people thought of it??
Amazing facilaties when i wen up for the meeting and riding assesment!!
laugh.gif

alfirules

Visit site
im going too!!! is that the further education one? i'm think im doing the same one as you. are u nervous??? i am its 2 weeks on monday!!!! ahhhhh!!!! are u boarding there??

AlexAndJess

Visit site
Me three!
Im doing the same as Alfiules
laugh.gif

I competed there last winter, and the students that were there helping out looked like they were having a great time! (Apart from the cold weather)
Should be great fun! Nervous and excited at the same time i think
crazy.gif

RachelB

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
some of the horses from the yard go there for the winter

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean the trekker ponies??? The ones that are nearly all black and nearly all of them have never seen their feet due to copious amounts of feather?
grin.gif

I fell in love with one of the trekker ponies!!! Ahh they were so cute! Except the one we sent back as it kept bucking people off...
crazy.gif

If that was the ones you meant... eh, small world!!!
laugh.gif

ETS: just been through your links, and I spotted one of the trekkers we had at Hartpury last year! It is a small world after all!

RachelB

Visit site
I loved Mhairi (sp?) and especially Sinbad, they were two of the only four horses I would ride in my jumping lessons! Sinbad was a star!
I can't remember the name of the one we sent back, a small-ish gelding, slightly browner black than the others if you get my meaning. Little bugger, he was pretty vicious! I remember we had a nervy large bay and my friend (para dressage rider, very good rider) kept getting put on him, he didn't half do some cracking halts but only because he was too scared to be anything but obedient!
Some of the trekkers were so funny, we had frequent steering troubles due to the fact that they all wanted to be sheep and follow one another! And they couldn't canter circles! Ah they were the best, so much more fun than the easy lot!
grin.gif

charlottenicol

www.allt-na-craig.co.uk
Mhairi, if the same coloured mare, was world le trec champ a few years ago, and has been selected for this year, no sinbad here must be from another place, was it Opal sent back the Russian Trotter, he was a champion too.

RachelB

Visit site
Yes Mhairi was the one I saw in the pics, I heard she was some Trec champion or other, lovely easy horse to jump!
I think Sinbad and the bucking one came from the same place, I thought they all did but hey obviously not!
Nice to see Mhairi in the photos though and hear she's doing well!