has anyone any experiance of these?

barneyandem

Visit site
I have raynauds too and my doctor just gives me some pills to take when they get bad to open the veins and get the circulation going. Very painful though-im dreading winter!

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
My best friend had Raynauds & he suffered alot like both of you not just in the winter but autumn & spring aswell. Anytime when there was a drop in temperature. He was always wearing gloves & a woollen hat. He found a cure for it though......he upped stakes & moved with his wife to Thailand. It's warm, great weather, lovely people & no more real problems. One day I'll get the money together to go & visit him.

barneyandem

Visit site
I wish i could do that!sounds like the perfect solution!i get it most of the year too although it is much worse in winter!The doctor ended up prescribing me medicine when i used to take my school exms and the slightly colder exam hall made my hands bad and it was so painful to write!

Bess

Visit site
I can't see them, the thing won't scoll down. A friend's husband has Raynauld's disease and has special gloves and boots for skiing which I imagine are much like the ones on the site, battery operated. They seem to work for him, I suppose you've tried the handwarmers that you shake to activate or the charcoal burners in a special metal case?

seaofdreams

Visit site
yes im on alot of medication but am still always cold like you said barneyandem im dreading the winter it was so painfull last year and working with horses proberbly isn't the best job with it, but im not taking the doctors advice and giving it up !

JAK

Visit site
I have not tried these gloves but after purchasing gloves of every known make on the planet, I bought middle daughter (by sheer chance!), some Sealskinz (Winter Technical I think hers are called & she does ride in them!) & these have worked very well for her!

She is unable to function in the cold at all & just 'shuts down' eventually - possibly inherited from OH, who is virtually unable to move at times (can no longer walk or do the simplest task with his hands - hence why he's a S/A vet, so can stay 'inside'! LOL) & spends Autumn onwards togged up ito the eyeballs in a Lands' End ultra-fill goose-down coat etc.

Despite her young age, MD suffered for years & we always dreaded winter but since having the Sealskinz, she has been able to enjoy & even ride her pony, over the winter months, so worth a try!
There were no tears last year & no instances of her having to be taken home from the yard in a virtually catatonic state, which has been the norm previously!
smile.gif

warmblooded

Visit site
I suffer all year round, I used to take the tablets but they gave me hugh headached, I now take ginger instead, they are brill. I tried heated gloves but they made them hurt more especially if I put them on after my hands/feet were cold.

JAK

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I tried heated gloves but they made them hurt more especially if I put them on after my hands/feet were cold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Didn't your granny ever tell you that's how you get chilblains? LOL