Has anyone broken in Stravinsky offspring?

Gamebird

Visit site
Hi, I'm new in here, be kind...

Have bought an unbroken Stravinsky 4yo today. Dam is by Primitive Rising. He seems to be a very nice friendly chap. Has anyone any experience with them and have they any particular party tricks that I should look out for? Forewarned is forearmed and all that!

ElleJS

Visit site
Hi, I'm new in here, be kind...

Have bought an unbroken Stravinsky 4yo today. Dam is by Primitive Rising. He seems to be a very nice friendly chap. Has anyone any experience with them and have they any particular party tricks that I should look out for? Forewarned is forearmed and all that!

Yep I had one arrive Christmas 2012 rising 4 just backed (2 weeks) mare actually moves really really well and is nice enough. The owner does dressage on her and she is a nervous amateur. Trouble is the dam it was out of- owner bred her out of a grumpy nasty cob mare and has sadly inherited a lot of her mothers traits. However she is actually easier under saddle than she is on the ground and slowly but surely she is accepting people and far more loving and affectionate than when she first arrived and even tolerates other horses now (she would hate any horse anywhere near her when she first arrived even in the school with her!) she was also on a TB rehab yard for a few weeks and picked up every bad habit possible!! Anyway it seems like Stravinsky put some nice enough traits on the very happy grumpy dam and made her a lot nicer!

joulsey

Visit site
You are more likely to get issues from the dams side!

This!!

Not had any dealings with any Stravinskys's....But the Primitive Rising's I have known had been quite bad tempered and hard work!!But I'm sure not all of them are and hopefully the mare did not pass on :)

Gamebird

Visit site
The mare's half ID so I'm hoping that might temper the Primitive Rising bit ;) Good to hear the Stravinskys are sane thanks. Here's hoping!