Has anyone ever part-exed a horse?

rachyblue

Visit site
I had made the decision a little while ago that I was going to find baby wb a more suitable home, and get myself something more sensible.

Very nice 9 year old gelding up for sale, 15hh, so a more sensible size, from a dressage trainer, done a bit of everything.

Feeling a bit cheeky I asked would she consider a part ex (expecting a knock back, but if you don't ask....) and she asked what I had and said that if she could come and see him we could negotiate a part ex. I was honest about the fact I've struggled with him, sounds like she is keen on him as a project, he is nicely bred.

I have only ever part-exed cars before so have no idea what to expect, other than the obvious of paying the difference between the agreed value for mine and hers.

Anyone have any experience?

montanna

Visit site
Tbh it's very similar to pxing a car...

Be prepared to be offended by the offer the dealer makes, and also know that the dealer may pass the horse onto onto dealers/sales etc.

Obviously, as is usual with cars, you will not get the true value of your horse as the dealer has to make a profit, but it's a good way to move a horse on quickly in order to get another... You don't get stuck with extra livery etc or advertising costs which I think many people underestimate.