Has anyone got sprenger bow balance stirrups

Polos

Visit site
Hi, I've just torn the meniscus in my knee and am dying to get back on but in the meantime I'm just doing a bit of window shopping as I think I need to get some better stirrups so riding is comfortable on my knees

I've found some sprenger bow balance stirrups and they look similar to flexi irons but are they any better in terms of shock absorance/comfort for dodgy knees than normal flexi irons? -how do people find riding in them?

Basically am I better getting normal flexi irons or shelling out on the sprengers?

FfionWinnie

Visit site
I have both those and JW air which are significantly cheaper and I can't tell the difference really between them. Rather like the cheese grater tread that came with the air ones tho.

SpottyMare

Visit site
I think the bow balance are meant to release your foot if you have a fall - that's part of the marketing anyway?

A friend had flexi irons and she ended up being dragged when she came off as they trapped her foot - she won't use them now.

Not necessarily a deal breaker, but worth being aware of.

CrazyMare

Visit site
I have the Sprenger System 4 irons, the predecessor to the Bow Balance and I love them.

Don't actually ride in anything else as I have them on all my saddles. I find my joints, knees in particular can be very painful if I ride in other irons.

Nicnac

Visit site
Love mine for my dodgy, aged and knackered knees. Also have torn meniscus in right knee and arthritis in hip - the Sprengers have been a revelation and now have them on all 3 saddles (two bow balance and one system 4) - cheaper than all the physio I used to have over time!

Polos

Visit site
Thankyou for your replies everyone I decided to buy some off a local selling site but have since heard the person I bought them from is reknown to be a bit dodgy so I'm unsure as to whether they will actually turn up :(

Jenni_

www.facebook.com
I'd never ridden in bow balances / sprengers before I took on my share horse last year and he had them on his saddle.

I have bad knees and ankles, and never once have I got off feeling achey / stiff since using them. Didn't realise how much of a difference they made until I was riding in borrowed 'normal' stirrups on my new horse, and then I noticed how much better for me the bow balances are.

So much so I'm waiting on the DPD man delivering me my own set today!

Polos

Visit site
Mine arrived today!

Can't work out what way round they go on the saddle, can anyone help?

Just need to hurry up and fix myself so I can get back riding again!

mudmonkey17

Visit site
Love mine they really make a difference. Have an old injury and they really help reduce pain when riding jumping length for any length of time x

Polos

Visit site
Thanks guys found the L and R on them!! Think I was just having a blonde moment.

Cripple shopping on box rest really isn't a good idea, I've just bought a CWD breastplate and CWD tendon and fetlock boot set. My poor bank balance ��

siennamiller

Visit site
Absolutely love mine(well I did when I was riding still). I was getting really bad pain in knees after about 25mins, I stopped getting that, plus they helped keep my heels down. I added the cheese grater treads to mine which I found to help keep my feet still. X