Has anyone got the perfect horse??!!!

jen1

Visit site
As the title really does such a thing exist??

I know it would be boring if we all posted about how perfect our horses are, how we can hack out with no spooks, alone, load them, catch them, groom them and handle them with out any 'issues'. Ride them and they always perform fantastically, get to a show or event and they do a great round or behave impeccably! A horse that doesn't need supplements, or 'special' feeding, hay soaked, non dusty bedding, frequent vet visits, remedial farriery, is always sound and never sick does such a horse exist?

Only thinking as someone I know is looking for a horse at the moment and wants all of the above!! come to think of it SO DO I!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

p.s this is for fun so please feel free to add to my list! and yes I know owning a horse is like waiting for an accident to happen!!

Deefa

Visit site
All 3 of mine are perfect for me lol, just would be nightmares for other people. They can be a handful at times but if they were 'perfect' i would get rather bored lol!

Hornby

Visit site
Well my horses come pretty close to that but never 24/7/365...it would be a bicycle if it did! I think your friend is being a little too optimistic!

jen1

Visit site
Ahhhhhh sooooo true!! Must admit when my horse is good I love him to bits and when he is bad I hate him, although it never lasts long, so I suppose that's true love!!!
Ahhwwwhhh how soppy am I!!

Amy_08

Visit site
I think I would describe my horse as perfect today, after our traumatic day. If you read my post about having an accident in my lorry, I don't think there are that many horses that would be so calm and well behaved after a crash.

She is nearly always perfect though and people always comment on how well mannered and behaved she is. The only thing I have problems with are DITCHES although we are getting there.

Nickijem

Visit site
Amy_08 your horse must be as close as perfect gets after her experience today.
As other's have said, my horse is perfect for ME.
He wouldn't be everyone's choice as he is sooo laid back but as I mainly hack, he suits me fine. In fact, I could ride him up the fast lane of the M1 he is sooo good in traffic!

Starbucks

Visit site
My mums horse is pretty perfect in all the ways you said! He does have his faults though but they are quite small ones.
smile.gif

My horse is perfect for me!
grin.gif

Zobaby

Visit site
Mine would be perfect... if he didn't nap! Once that's sorted he'll be pretty close to perfect. But then someone else might think he's the devil horse!

x

catembi

Visit site
I think Adrian is perfect. He's really funny & nosey, & v laid back. Huge jump, trainable temperament, very pretty head.

I know I'm always moaning about him in comp riders, but that's more a case of me not having worked out what buttons to press/not press rather than anything inherently 'wrong' with him.

My fave thing about him is that he's very non-spooky, & I particularly appreciate it cos my last horse could be a spooky monster.

disco

Visit site
I can honestly say yes! My mare is absolutly perfect in every way!

There isn't one negative thing I can say about her!

She jumps like a stag, glides into her fences, never rushes never needs kicking on, no vices etc. She has impeccable stable manners and has such a sweet layed back nature.

She really is my pride & joy, to the point that I'll not have another horse after her because nothing will ever compare!

Judie

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
how we can hack out with no spooks, alone, load them, catch them, groom them and handle them with out any 'issues'. Ride them and they always perform fantastically, get to a show or event and they do a great round or behave impeccably! A horse that doesn't need supplements, or 'special' feeding, hay soaked, non dusty bedding, frequent vet visits, remedial farriery, is always sound and never sick does such a horse exist?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes all of the above - everyday 24/7/365 - he is going to be a hard one to beat
wink.gif

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
For me she is perfect, she wouldn't be for other people necessarily, my sister does not want to ride her 'cos she is spooky, but that just adds to her fun for me. As long as she remains sane in traffic she's fine by me
smile.gif

quirky

Visit site
Ooh, I have a lovely horse that your friend might like ...................................

.... a rocking horse!!

RoyalPolo

Visit site
My two ponies are perfect for me both are extremely grumpy old gits but there loveable ones an easy old retired boy who rarely plays up in anyway just looks grumpy! lol My mare i haven't had that long but shes come on alot since i had her as she hated even being touched specially round her head and although i didn't get to ride her much before winter set in she was proving to be safe but was used to flying everywhere at 90mph so we was working on slowing down. The best thing about her is she doesn't like my boyfriend much and all my other animals seem to love him to bits so its nice that one of them is loyal to me lol.
laugh.gif

siennamum

Visit site
Yes Sienna, is pretty near perfect.
Absolutely bombproof, safe & footsure in any situation.
Very healthy & sound.
Absolutely perfect to do in every way, comes to call, stands like a rock, loads herself type of stuff. very loving & affectionate, incredibly safe to handle.
Lives on air, has no special needs of any sort.
Shown at HOYS, would jump fairly decent courses with a better rider, happily PNs with me, is an impeccably behaved hunter, has never ever bucked, reared or napped.
Can't really think of anything to fault in her. Suppose you could criticise her for not being a snaffle mouth for jumping, but I like a horse to enjoy their jumping. She can shout for her best friend at shows but that's about it....

Gorgeous George

Visit site
George is perfect for me (even after today's fiasco!), he can get anxious and obviously excited, but I love his temprament and I know that if I couldn't ride him for some reason I would still love just being with him! He is also happy on straw, unsoaked hay, is a good doer, doesn't need supplements and has a real character (although a little too much character today!)

Halfpass

Visit site
I have....
you don't need to feed her, groom her, much her out put rugs on or off, or even ride her if you don't want. You don't even need to go and visit her everyday.....

and here she is....
rocking-horse-LG-765b100.jpg

Eaglestone

Visit site
My old boy is perfect for me however has his funny ways ....

He has always been perfection when it comes to hacking .. he is not spookey, rides past anything, will go anywhere as he has alway trusted me and I have trusted him .... in his younger days would ride ALL day and never tire ..... **whispers** sometimes he was a little too eager and would jog jog jog (but now he is older I really do think that sometimes I miss that
wink.gif
)

badgerdog

Visit site
My semi-retired horse was perfect before he became too stiff to compete on (I still think he's perfect though!) I could do anything with him and he was totally unflappable. He was sometimes a bit lazy but when we competed he came alive! When I warmed him up he couldn't be bothered but take him in the ring or through the starting flags at a cross country and he just lit up. He never refused a jump and always looked after me.
He's the best horse I've ever had and my other two have a lot to live up to. He's now 24 and we just hack out but I don't think I'll ever get a horse as perfect as him.
smile.gif