Has anyone had troubles when leaving and old yard ?

TigerLilly

Visit site
I post this as i have just left my old yard i gave my notice of 4 weeks but left after 2 weeks i paid up for 4 weeks i had to leave after 2 weeks as the YO compleatlly snub me and isolated me and my horses they stoped supplying water to them in there field bering in mind this was two weeks ago when it was very hot i was very sad about this as i said to them the reason for leaving was that it was to far for me to travel each day it was ok before but i have to look after my mother in law full time when it came to leaving they blocked all exits and yo wound my poor mare right up by causing such a comation i was appuled by the way they acted as they was no reason for it they thort it was funny they unblocked the exits after they had done there worst to wind the horses up obvisously they was more to it but you will have to pm me for details i also would like to know if anyone else has had troubles for no reason leaving a yard

frannieuk

Visit site
OMG, thats terrible! I would write a very strongly worded letter and demand your 2 weeks notice back as they made it untenable for you to stay.

TigerLilly

Visit site
there is no chance of them giving me my money back as i was stupid enouth to sign their livery contract which was all for them

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
that is horrendous!!
mad.gif

Seriously, contract or no contract, they made it unbearable for you, and acted cruelly towards your mare. I'd get a solicitor on the case and make sure they get named and shamed.

TigerLilly

Visit site
well i could not name and shame them on here as they post quite frequently and i would be in trouble for a wrong post but have pm you

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
oh, no, not name and shame them on here, but get your solicitor to take this on as it's WRONG what they've done. Then they would be named and shamed at least in your local area, might stop them doing it to someone else.

TigerLilly

Visit site
they have done it to a few people and i am in process of talking to my solicitor but the contract leaves alot to be desired and it will be a lenghtly process

spike123

Visit site
when I first brought Spike I kept him at the yard where I had kept my previous horse for 3 years with no problems.The horses lived out but had poor quality hay.As I was told Spike coughed on dry hay I was a little worried about him coping with the poor hay but it was February time when I brought him and I knew that he wouldn't need hay for much longer.However he had an awful cough until I could stop feeding the hay and I decided that as there was no way I could stop him accessing the hay I would have to move him before the next winter came.I started looking about May time and told the YO my reasons why.I went and looked at several different yards and found a lovely one which I decided on.Once I told my YO I was giving 2 weeks notice which was a week more than neccessary she immediately started to snub me and the atmosphere became unbearable.She screamed at me in front of everyone using lots of unrepeatable swear words that I was slating their hay saying it was crap and that there was nothing wrong with it(it was thrashed big round bales of very poor feed quality)I ended up leaving before my 2 weeks was up and refused to tell them where I was going.Once I moved off several others followed suit and moved onto pastures new,not because I had left but because the YO had showed her true colours and people saw for themselves that she was a childish person who was talking about them behind their backs.Maybe this will happen with you too once people realise what they are really like.Sometimes it takes something like this for people to get a true idea of what someone is like.

TigerLilly

Visit site
that is what my solicitor has said i have took photographic evendince as proof is amazes me that they call them selves horse people i am fairly knowlagable but when it comes to hay i am not to sure and in that same week they said take a bail of hay straight from the field so i did my mum went nuts and said that was wrong as it has not had time to rest i did not know this and i nearly gave my horses colic i double checked with my vet and he confermed this also so they not only nearly dehydrated my horses they gave me false advice about the hay and nearly killed them with colic

Tia

Visit site
I'm sorry but not only is that absolutely disgusting behaviour but they have treated your horses with neglect and I for one would certainly have no qualms about taking them to task on this issue. They should feel thoroughly ashamed to class themselves as "horse lovers"!

I am pretty sure I know who you are talking about - there was some other fraccas surrounding their yard a couple of times before, if memory serves me right??

I have been a livery yard owner for almost 12 years now and never ever have I treated anyone in this manner, regardless of whether they are moving on to new pastures or not. There is a name for people like this......but here is probably not the place to say it!!

This behaviour makes me so irritated as it gives us nice yard owners a bad name!
mad.gif

Tia

Visit site
Just to let you know, providing the hay was baled totally dry then your horses were not in any danger of getting colic. Hay does not have to rest before feeding unless it was produced under incorrect conditions.

TigerLilly

Visit site
thanks for the advice tiaribbon on the hay they are so meny conflicting views on hay and my moto has allways been if in doubt chuck it out going back to what you said thankfully the good yos out weigh the bad ones and where i have moved to the new yo is lovely and i can go to sleep at night and know my horses are safe and happy my mares are so diffrent since moving and if something needs to be done my yo does it straight away the land is very well maintained and it is run like a proper livery yard should be
smile.gif

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
Difficult one this as often there are two sides to every story.
You can't really complain about someone blanking you as being friendly is hardly part of the agreed terms, but refusing access to water is a different matter.
Can you say whether normally they filled a trough or was it automatic and it has been cut off?
As for leaving it sounds such an odd thing to do unless you owed money or were leaving without cleaning your stable etc.
I have dealt with livery customers for over thirty years, and quite honestly most Yard Owners are far too busy to ever stoop to such tactics unless the livery concerned hasn't paid a bill or done something really annoying.
I have blanked people on occasion when I wanted them to leave, but never without very good reasons. (stealing for one)
If anyone left we accepted we weren't suiting their needs and often welcomed them back a few weeks or months later after they realised we weren't so bad after all!
I would forget this and get on with your life, talk of legal stuff is just that, talk, it takes a great deal of cash to fight someone through the courts (£1000 a day for a barrister alone) and what for? A refund of your livery which would never amount to more than hundreds.
Enjoy your new yard and forget it.

dieseldog

Visit site
I would leave it, you'll end up spending a lot of money and realistically what can you claim of them. If you wanted to complain go to your local trading standards and they can take action against them.

Just be grateful you aren't there anymore and forget about it. I can never understand why people have got to behave like that

Snowberry

Visit site
Personally I would just chalk it up to experience - a bad one!!

Its really not worth the bother of pursuing it through the courts. There are plenty of lovely livery yards and the most important thing is that you've moved and your horse settles in its new place.
I'd say just move on and forget, if anyone asks your advice about the old yard then tell them other than that I'd move on.

allijudd

Visit site
let me get a few things straight here

1: horsea have never been left without water....troughs have been filled whenever they got low. Enough liveries and people using the field will bear witness to horses always having water.
2. When you gave notice you told the yard owner you would be leaving on a certain day (in 2 weeks after notice) you brought your leaving date forward by only 2 days.
3. The accesses were blocked to ensure no horses were let loose by your "friend" who wanted to remove fencing keeping other liveries horses in their own field, which would have given them open access to the road.
4. You wound your own horses up, saying come on..come on, and as soon as your horse moves one foot onto the ramp, shouting good girl..good girl at the top of your voices ( 4 people loading).
5. Being verbally abusive towards the yard manager infront of witnesses just before you left.
6. Leaving your rubbish on the yard after you left, including an old freezer which must be paid to be removed.
7. Leaving a £100 vets bill unpaid.

I think the sensible members on this forum can make their own minds up as to who is in the wrong. And who is exaggerating what went on. If the yard is so terrible, how come the vacancies were filled within 3 days by word of mouth. Also in a post written by you in early July you state how great the yard is and is worth the travelling......... I feel that you are trying to smear a business unnecessarially.
Sorry for the post, but I feel the forum can make their own minds up here.

allijudd

Visit site
i have already requested that it should be from admin.

(who are well aware about this just incase anyone was wondering)

allijudd

Visit site
Not long ago TLilly posted the following, in response to a thread about how far they were form the livery yard.......

Re: How far is your yard? [Re: EllieBeast]
#1110666 - 13/06/2006 15:53 Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply

my yard is 30 min drive but its worth it !!!!!

Says it all doesnt it....... someone stirring for no reason but to stir.

Tia

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I feel that you are trying to smear a business unnecessarially.

[/ QUOTE ]
If this is the case then you should be the one taking issue with the other poster.

As to your other points; anyone who leaves rubbish which requires paying to dispose of and leaves vet bills unpaid, should have reimbursed you prior to them leaving your yard.

As I say, there are always 2 sides to every story and we, as viewers, can only respond to the information we are given by each poster.

Hope you can both sort this out amicably and sensibly.

tinatina

Visit site
hi how can she be bad mouthing as tliley hasnt said who the yard was but the yard owner has replyed as she must of known that she was in the wrong otherwise she wouldnt of said anything so she has named and shamed herself i hope that tlily is happy in her new place!!!!

Rachel_M

Visit site
The yard owner replied to correct the "facts" that was posted.

Plus TLily was being VERY suggestive with the whole "she is reading this right now.....etc". It didn't take a lot to work out.

I agree with the two sides of the story. I think both should go thier ways and not try to cause a slagging match.

Knowingly posting a thread smearing someone knowing full well that they are going to read it is asking for trouble.

allijudd

Visit site
thankyou huggy bear

just to let everyone know that admin have been contacted about this post as it is classed as defamatory by thier rules.

becca_chick

Visit site
that is the most disgusting thing I have ever heard! Selfish! and UNPROFESSIONAL!!!! it is awful to know people out there are so cruel! I hope the person who it is that has done this reads these posts and realises what disgusting behaviour they have been up to!
They shouldnt be aloud to work with horses!