Has anyone heard of this ...

xapplex

Visit site
I have rented for 30 years ,And we have new neighbours both sides !! which they have teamed up and want my horses of the land that i rent . They are now saying i cant feed hay in the feilds and have been taken pictures of me doing so, also i have had to move jumps out of the feild as i cant ride in the feild either

This is crazy as ive been here for so many years but these people just want us off(neighbours) and making it very uncomfortable for the owner and me. As i lost the use of the sand school so this is why me and my daughter ride in the feild to school the horses but now i cant do that.

soulfull

Visit site
I don't understand why you have to listen to them at all??

If I were you I would be totally ignoring them, unless they own the land you are renting it is nothing to do with them. There are no laws against riding in fields etc

ps and unless the person you rent the land off has asked you to move jumps, out them back and USE THEM as often as you can

Last edited:

bumper

Visit site
I don't understand either. Surely the person you rent the land from would stipulate what you can/can't do on their land. I don't see what it's got to do with the neighbours at all.

foxy1

Visit site
As you have used the land for equestrian purposes for so long unchallenged I'm pretty sure you can apply for a certificate of lawful use from the planning dept of your local council. You will need to provide proof of it's use and proof of how long you've used it.

In any case you are allowed to graze animals and feed hay on agricultural land.

soulfull

Visit site
I think it depends if it is green belt land or not

If not then personally I would either find out for myself or ignore them until they do something legally to prove it.

It is likely they are trying it on to get you to bend to their way and are not willing to put their hand in their pocket to prove it

Hippona

Visit site
I *think* you would be on sticky ground if you left a course of jumps up permanently....but otherwise tell them to shove it. The land I rent has no PP for the stables- but they've been up 15 years and no-one has objected.

xapplex

Visit site
Jumps hahah they are the wing ends of a poly jump thats it one jump and two other poles in the feild for schooling .. hardly a course lol

DressageDiva1962

www.facebook.com
I wish people like this would stay in the suburbs with the other complainers, remember the case of Jessica Mendoza whose parents were in trouble for having showjumps in their field, what possible harm was she doing, the most talented junior rider in the country they should be proud of the fact. It gets me so mad, I really feel for you, just be careful they dont start doing vigalante stuff and putting grass cuttings in the field and things, perhaps we should start a campaign to stop them spending time in their gardens, pillocks.....

miss_bird

Visit site
I would tell them to trot on, speak to the land owner and ask if they mind if you speak to the planning department, get proof from vets, farriers and anyone else that can state how long you have been there, that will include old neighbours and so on.
If you can find your self on google maps they are normally about 2-4 years out of date and that would show you horses were there then.
And maintenance people that have done work on the hay hay man feed suppliers you get my drift the more people that can state the land has been used by yourself for equestrian purposes the better.
A friend had to do this and only had to prove she had been there for 10 years, for the council to change the use of the land, she just got the vet and farrier to write

Clippy

Visit site
How long have you been using the land for horses? You may need to get a Lawful Use Certificate, then no one can stop you from doing anything there BUT you need to prove 10 years continuous use