Has anyone here been XC schooling at Milton Keynes Eventing Centre??

olop

Visit site
Can you tell me if they have the steeplechase fences up all year round or are they only there on competition days??

Thanks!

olop

Visit site
Yeah that is what I meant sorry :eek:
Oh thats a shame, am thinking of taking the boy & have never done anything like that before so wanted to give it a blast.

Thanks for the info :)

PaddyMonty

Visit site
To be honest the steeplechase fences are so small it really is a non-event when you come to do it in the 3DE. Only slight issue is getting the correct line from start box. To many people follow a straight line which gives the horse a natural run out. If you hang left on exit of start box then you get a good line to the first. After that its easy.

kerilli

Visit site
If you don't mind travelling a little further, ring Rushton and see if they still have their 'chase fences, iirc there used to be 3 just the other side of the river bridge, decent size, super to have a cruise over.
rushtoncrosscountrycourse.co.uk

it used to be my local xc course so i went a lot, haven't been for years but it was always a good course to have lots of fun over, really educational, nothing trappy or nasty.

popsdosh

Visit site
Certainly closer for you Waresley park has allweather gallops and brush fences .I think its £10 to use the gallops
http://waresleypark.co.uk/price-list/
If you combined it with using the CC fences you just pay for the CCand can use the gallops as well for your £20 when you consider whats available there its great value

olop

Visit site
To be honest the steeplechase fences are so small it really is a non-event when you come to do it in the 3DE. Only slight issue is getting the correct line from start box. To many people follow a straight line which gives the horse a natural run out. If you hang left on exit of start box then you get a good line to the first. After that its easy.

Ok thanks for this, we are only jumping upto a metre at the moment anyway so not looking to do the full size steeplechase fences at the moment :eek: I'm not actually looking to do the 3DE, we SJ but thought I would take him somewhere like this to do something different :) thanks for the info though!

If you don't mind travelling a little further, ring Rushton and see if they still have their 'chase fences, iirc there used to be 3 just the other side of the river bridge, decent size, super to have a cruise over.
rushtoncrosscountrycourse.co.uk

it used to be my local xc course so i went a lot, haven't been for years but it was always a good course to have lots of fun over, really educational, nothing trappy or nasty.

Thanks for the suggestion, it says they charge £14 an hour to use this course which I thought was quite expensive, thanks for the link though.

They have few small steeplechase fences in the bottom field but prob only 2' 6 max.

That's good to know, thank you :)

olop

Visit site
Certainly closer for you Waresley park has allweather gallops and brush fences .I think its £10 to use the gallops
http://waresleypark.co.uk/price-list/
If you combined it with using the CC fences you just pay for the CCand can use the gallops as well for your £20 when you consider whats available there its great value

For some reason I couldnt mutiquote your post sorry :eek:
Thanks for the link, this course looks very nice and is slightly nearer too, thank you :)