Has anyone moved the partition in wooden stables?

poiuytrewq

Visit site
And can advise on how please?!!
When I had my little 3 block put up I was keeping one huge horse in the middle and a Shetland the other side so instead of 3 12x12 I have 1- 12x12 one huge and one small stable.
Ideally now I’d like to move the partition back and make 3 the same size but can’t see any visible fixings. Any ideas?

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Without seeing the stables it's difficult to say exactly what to do. I would imagine that where the original partition would have been there should be some strong timber which the partition would have been attached to. You need to located that & then you will have somewhere striong to build the new partition off. As for existing fixings, I doubt if there will be any as the partition was never there. Use new fixings, you'll get almost anything from Screwfix or similar. If you are not a DIY person then call in a carpenter or a competent handyman & get them to do the alteration for you. It shouldn't be that difficult.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
So the next down beam (if that makes sense!) is obviously a bigger stronger one and where it’s supposed to fit. It’s more how to remove it from where it is! I can’t see any screws or fittings that are holding it in place. Obviously there must be maybe it’s a case of removing the full height kick boards.
I have trawled through paperwork but can’t remember the company name. I thought it was Devonshire stables but they have nothing similar on their website so I’m not sure