Has anyone ordered from Just Saddles?

SpringArising

Visit site
Have you called them?

I just looked up what a Thermatex Pro Core Trainer is... bloody hell. £100 for a numnah and two bits of elastic?

SpringArising

Visit site
But you could do the exact same set up for free with a numnah, roller and a piece of elastic or whatever else you wanted tied round the bum. I know we all make questionable purchases at times but I'm truly boggled people are paying £100 for this!

flying_high

Visit site
I have one of these - http://equicoreconcepts.com/system.html

Which I think is better. Much stronger clips and thicker stronger bands.

I bought mine second hand for about 40% of new cost.

It is also possible to buy the bands for about £40, the clips, and webbing on ebay, and use your own numnah.

I am using mine for rehab at the moment - lunging over raised poles, and short hacks. I take it off for longer hacks.

flying_high

Visit site
But you could do the exact same set up for free with a numnah, roller and a piece of elastic or whatever else you wanted tied round the bum. I know we all make questionable purchases at times but I'm truly boggled people are paying £100 for this!

No you cannot replicate the proper Equicore set up with with a piece of elastic, I don't think the Pro Core trainer looks anywhere near as good as the original system it is ripping off.

I have long done figure of eight elastic bandage (TTT style) to improve connection when lunging. That is good but it is NOT the same as this.

To make your own, you need to buy high strength resistance bands with minimal stretch. The black ones of this strength aren't easy to find on line in small amounts. You need the clips and the webbing, and yes you could sew your own. But by the time you have bought the clips, the webbing, the resistance band, used a numnah, got all the alignment set up and done the sewing it is not insignificant.

Reacher

Visit site
I bought saddle from them a few years ago and new leathers last year. I suspect they are short staffed as the proprietor sadly died in December. I would give a ring.
Ps o presume you are referring to just saddles in Preston

SpringArising

Visit site
No you cannot replicate the proper Equicore set up with with a piece of elastic, I don't think the Pro Core trainer looks anywhere near as good as the original system it is ripping off.

I have long done figure of eight elastic bandage (TTT style) to improve connection when lunging. That is good but it is NOT the same as this.

To make your own, you need to buy high strength resistance bands with minimal stretch. The black ones of this strength aren't easy to find on line in small amounts. You need the clips and the webbing, and yes you could sew your own. But by the time you have bought the clips, the webbing, the resistance band, used a numnah, got all the alignment set up and done the sewing it is not insignificant.

All you need to do is tie your resistance band to the roller rings each side and off you go. You can find resistance bands online for literally one tenth of £100 - my chiro (horse) always has a tonne knocking around.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
You can find lots of resistance bands online, I don't think anyone has come up with resistance bands that are quite so resistant as the ones provided (mostly on the basis that you do rather need to scale up from human options to be of use for a horse)

flying_high

Visit site
All you need to do is tie your resistance band to the roller rings each side and off you go. You can find resistance bands online for literally one tenth of £100 - my chiro (horse) always has a tonne knocking around.

Tying to the roller rings doesn't replicate the location or angle of the equi-core or the belly strap look at the pictures and videos here - http://equicoreconcepts.com/system.html

I have tied things to the roller and it has an impact but it isn't the same.

And you cannot easily buy the same strength and thickness of resistance bands on line. Yes you can easily buy general resistance bands very easily but ones of the thickness and resistance of the equi-core are not easy to find online. As aren't generally available.

You can certainly make your own equi-core copy cheaply. But you need proper strength and resistance level bands, and clips and webbing and to get the angles of the clips right when sewing on the numnah.

flying_high

Visit site
You can find lots of resistance bands online, I don't think anyone has come up with resistance bands that are quite so resistant as the ones provided (mostly on the basis that you do rather need to scale up from human options to be of use for a horse)

Yes, I looked quite hard to find resistance bands to buy cheaper that were the same resistance, and in the end gave up, and bought the equicore bands. As they aren't standard thickness or strength.

And equicore sell four replacement bands for £40 including postage.

Last edited:

Quadro

Visit site
I bought saddle from them a few years ago and new leathers last year. I suspect they are short staffed as the proprietor sadly died in December. I would give a ring.
Ps o presume you are referring to just saddles in Preston

Thanks for this Reacher, have now had an email back, but still waiting for it! Also thank you to those for your concern on how I spend my money!