Has anyone seen my little colt?

Sleipnir

Visit site
I was very sure that when I go to the field I'll be met by this spindly baby:

72254360_393656261576929_4526578179145465856_n.jpg

But instead, there's suddenly and out of the blue this 3yo, 16HH animal with the attention span of a goldfish, grace of a labrador puppy, mass of a freight train and self confidence of Freddie Mercury at the very least! Where did my innocent little colt go? :D Sigh. They grow up so fast!

forums.jpg

2021_may_melns1.jpeg

(excuse the dirty legs in this pic, we were just testing out the shed for future photoshoots)

hobo

Visit site
The look he is giving you in second picture is incredible he is very handsome and I think you are going to have lots of 'fun' with him!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I remember thinking how stunning the breed is when you got him. He's grown a bit, hasn't he? ?

Sleipnir

Visit site
Thank you for the support, everyone! Sorry for disappearing, but I was a bit stressed preparing him for the show. It was his first time traveling alone, and to such a huge venue no less! There was a showjumping competition going on in other arenas, so there were I think more than a hundred horses and tons of people, but he behaved almost brilliantly, apart from neighing his head off...and dare I mention that, when going back to the trailer to go home, he suddenly spooked because of some reeds shaking in the wind :D , tore out of my hands and went galloping straight in the general direction of the showjumper warmup arena. :eek: Eek! I was mortified and myself, as well as several other people, went running after him, just to see him suddenly stopping in a patch of grass and munching away happily. o_O:p

Anyway, we placed 4th, which I consider a lovely achievement for his first show, and hopefully he will do better next year as a 4yo. (There's only one national breed show per year here and only 3yo and 4yo horses can participate, as well as broodmares and approved stallions)

Here's a little tiktok of his appearance in the show: https://www.tiktok.com/@eq_siena_kaudze/video/6986169337795169542?is_copy_url=1&is_from_webapp=v1

And, if anyone's interested, here's his full video from the live youtube feed:

https://youtu.be/TxpTKQdzzTw?t=16818