Hat fitting or not in this case

angelish

Visit site
hi :)
every time i buy a hat it fits fine for a few months and then suddenly it seems too big :( this has happened with a few different types of hat and now my HS1 has decided its too big , its never had a fall or been dropped and has been stored in its bag other than when it is on my head so i'm reluctant to keep buying new hats but i'm well aware there no good if they don't fit properly :(

i do wear them a lot and tend to get quite sweaty :eek:
is it just me this happens too ?
is there anything the retailer should do like put padding in or something , i did get it fitted when i bought it

FfionWinnie

Visit site
I am really hacked off because I bought a gatehouse Pegasus adjustable one and it is also too big for me now after a matter of months. No advice but feel your pain!!

angelish

Visit site
I am really hacked off because I bought a gatehouse Pegasus adjustable one and it is also too big for me now after a matter of months. No advice but feel your pain!!

thats not good :( ill not buy one of those as a replacement then
there so expensive to replace them every 5 mins , i think ill give the shop a ring where i bought it and see what they say

FfionWinnie

Visit site
thats not good :( ill not buy one of those as a replacement then
there so expensive to replace them every 5 mins , i think ill give the shop a ring where i bought it and see what they say

The pad on the back of mine has disintegrated. I emailed the company and they didn't reply. Just spent 20 mins trying to buy some replacement pads on eBay but its all US based why don't we have them here grrrr

LiffWee93

Visit site
how big is big? if you pop into somewhere that fits, with your hat, most places would be happy to check it and maybe add some extra padding as required, HS1's are notorious for padding down a lot, so need to be fitted quite tight for this reason, but i have seen a lot of hats do it, in all brands :/ but like i say, if the hat isnt old, you should be able to get it revamped at a store that fits :) x

LeannePip

Visit site
My HS1 was similar - just went back to the shop and they put another couple of strips of foam in it! viola problem solved!! mine wasn't overly loose though

Hedwards

Visit site
Gatehouse have the equivalent of 'shims' that can be put in. I bought one recently and the lady who fitted it said that sometimes you find the foam can go flat, if so to just poo back in and she'd re-fit with extra foam at no extra cost.

Dunlin

Visit site
Yes, after saving up to buy an HS1 I was very concerned when I went to be fitted as it was so tight, but of course the lady told me they bed down quite a lot. I'm used to this riding a motorbike as I have had many crash helmets in my time, some that have not "grown" and others that have expanded ridiculously. I do find that it is the cheaper hats that expand so was a bit surprised that the HS1 would. I'm happy to say that after 2 weeks of horrible headaches the hat had bedded down and fitted nicely and has stayed that way for the 18 months I have owned it. Many years ago I was fitted with an H2000 that was a bit on the tight side, unfortunately it never bedded in and remained far too tight and gave me headaches.

I bought a lovely Harry Hall Legend earlier this year to cope with the hot weather, it was at least twice it's original size after only 2 months. I took it back to the shop and they agreed it was ridiculously big and that putting in a few padding strips would do nothing. Despite this I did not get my money back although the hat was fitted there!! I was just told it was a cheap hat and "they do that". Pot luck I'm afraid!

angelish

Visit site
thanks all :) pleased i'm not the only one

its not massive , it's not bad when i first put it on although can fell loose at the sides but after about 10 mins (when it warms up maybe) if i nod my head it moves :(

its happened with all the hats iv'e had , ill make sure they fit it a bit more snuggly next time

Goldenstar

Visit site
You can get shims to stick in them my saddler sent some with my Ayr8 as she thought is was too big when she fitted it .
However when I have got my hair in a net it fits fine.

Pidgeon

Visit site
happens quite a bit to my hats, I take it back to the tack shop and she inserts some more foam pads that stick to the hat until the hat fits again. The foam just disintegrates over time TBH.