Hat fitting query

3OldPonies

Visit site
I know at the moment it's not possible to get a hat fitted properly; but I'm really in need of a ventilated skull cap.

I know Champion hats are a good fit for me, and am considering a Ventair. To try to narrow down time in the shop, and obviously I know I will have to take advice from the fitter and then sign a disclaimer, does anyone know if the Ventair hats fit to the same sizing as the Pro plus range. A Pro plus being what I currently have.

Skib

sites.google.com
I wear a Champion Gatehouse HS1. I fell off manyh times when learning to ride so had to replace it many times. I learned that they do vary in size -
That designs changed at one point, the standard changed to add more padding round the back rim and that altered the fit as well.
I learned too that a hat has a shelf life and one should not buy old stock
If you need info it would be best to ask the makers.
But if you are going to the shop anyway, you can surely get it fitted in the shop?
Although I buy the same hat and the same size every time, I sometimes need padding inserted at the rim. As one ages and one's hair gets thinner what used to fit snuggly no longer does - but this is an older lady posting. If you are young that wont apply. But the shop I use often orders in an extra size for me so they compare the two and can be sure that I am properly fitted.

Sky’s-Legacy

Visit site
Contact your local equestrian shops and ask regarding hat fitting, some way have started doing it again.

I work in a Country Store and we’re now starting hat fitting again with procedures in place and a few other of the local take shops to us are now doing the same :)

Shay

Visit site
Why isn't it possible to get a hat fitted? Tack shops have never been subject to a closure order and have been able to operate throughout subject to suitable controls. I know you can't socially distacne whilst fitting a hat but both can wear masks meeting the current requirements. (Although bizarrely neither needed to wer a mask until 2 weeks ago...)

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Because masks don't remove the risk entirely and it's in most employers best interests to protect their staff. Hat fitting certainly comes under the 'something that doesn't have to happen right now' umbrella of risk assessing what you ask your staff to do.

Skib, absolutely found that with the HS1 had two previously, wasn't 100% happy with the fit always ending up giving me front headaches so resolved to try on some alternatives at Burghley, tried the HS1 to compare to the RXC1 and couldn't get the thing on at all with the new padding. I'm not sure mr wychanger thought at the time that I had my size right.

3OldPonies

Visit site
Thanks everyone.

I'll probably wait now until my local shops are doing fittings again; when I asked at the end of last week they were all saying not until July ?