Hats that you can do everything in!!!

truffles

Visit site
Do they exist?? I'd like a new riding hat for my birthday, but I'd need one which would give safety for hunter trials etc... not a flimsy one... Is the only option a skull cap with hat silks? Or is there a hat out there which both sj'ers and eventers use, which is styled similiar to these type hats?
RHSKGR.jpg

Sorry If I'm being fussy, just want one hat for everything, and If it means a skull cap with silks, then so be it!
smile.gif

RunToEarth

Visit site
I like my Charles Owen Showjumper velvet,I can do everything in it, but for most showing/dressage I have done I use my beagler where I am allowed.

truffles

Visit site
Yes I'm definately leaning towards charles owen! But can you do xc etc.. in it as well?
As for showing and dressage....hmmm...

RunToEarth

Visit site
I have an old scull that I xc in, but only because I have to have my colours on my hat
grin.gif
plenty do them in CO ones. Plus point of them, which you dont get with sculls is the fixed peak. That actually saved my face when I fell of in march, my nose would have been ruined
smile.gif

truffles

Visit site
CO? Whats that mean? *about to look realllly silly*
God you've scared me about the nose thing! I've being homming and humming and...I'm leaning towards the one that Nic01 recommended:
RHSKJ3.jpg

What do you think? The straps look all nice and squishy
grin.gif

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
I've got a Dublin Onyx which I love as it's ventilated and very lightweight. You can put silks on for xc or, because it has a detachable peak, you can wear it without silks for dressage/sj. It's the perfect compromise for me
smile.gif

KatB

Visit site
Nah there just a funny shape, and ive got a huge head!! i love the champion vent air, very comfy, though not as nice as my GPA...
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Aleka81

Visit site
I just got the J3 on Saturday and I love it!
I have been wearing my old ones all the time apart from when competing. But the J3 is sooo comfy!
You need to be a bit careful on sizes though.

truffles

Visit site
Oooh this has pretty much finalised my decision!
laugh.gif

I've heard they're not generous on sizings...is this what you mean?

truffles

Visit site
huummmm...You could try the charles owen website: www.charlesowen.co.uk and just look around to see if they have a number you could ring to ask if they have any ideas or answers.
You might be better off making this into a new post, as you'll get more viewings, therefore hopefully a few more replies.
smile.gif

FiveFlory

New User
Visit site
In sweden a lot of people use their pikeur helmets (GPA) in both eventning and showjumping. It's very good since it never makes you sweaty. However I think the nicest helmet is the John Whitaker helmet. But it makes you sweaty!
blush.gif