Hattsy South of England Novice Report

Hattikins

Visit site
Won't bore you all with the nitty gritty! But thrilled with result today. Only the second novice for the both of us and first of this season. Was way too jolly in dressage and consequently just contained her enough to carry out the movements, got a well deserved 40.5 considering her antics! She makes dressage far more exciting than SJ or XC! Jumped a lovely SJing round, just clipping the first fence for 4 faults then jumping brilliantly out of sticky ground. Onto the XC,was about 6.15 by this point! Long afternoon! Was an absolute dream, I took it extremely steady on purpose to pick up 16ish time penalties, but lovely confident clear from Hatts so mega impressed, the speed is there when I decide to let the handbrake off! So finished 19th, not great but so so pleased which has to be all that matters! :D

Thanks for reading! Curly wurly chips, sausages and cauliflower cheese for those who fancy it!

KatB

Visit site
Thats a fantastic result for your second ever novice and considering the amount of time she has had off! Well done! You will be up there in the placings very very soon. xxx

icestationzebra

Visit site
Very very good solid performance for your second ever novice - and given the time she had off last year makes it even better. Glad to see you both back at your bests. Well done - you should be dead pleased with your result :D

Hattikins

Visit site
Thank you!! I'm dead chuffed with her, especially xc, gave me such a lovely feel, she felt very grown up, bit of a contrast after the dressage! Hehee!!

Also forgot to say I saw Rosiefan's Rosie jump a lovely sjing round, R and B look just as great together in real life as they do in all the photos and vids! Sorry didn't come and find you Rosiefan! Would have loved to have said hi.

vic07

Visit site
Well done! We had to talk your mum through your dressage as she was rather worried for you. Hattie obviously wanted to go jumping!

Shrimp

Visit site
Sounds great :) A good confident run for the beginning of the season. Im glad to see she's out and about again, shes one of my favourite hho horses :D

Fiona

Visit site
Well done - clever Hattie :):)

Any pics of the ginger baggage???

I'll pass on the food though - what a disgusting combination :(

Fiona

Hattikins

Visit site
Thank you! No pics sadly until pro ones come up as Mum wasnt really thinking about the camera today!

Fiona - you'd be surprised how well that combination goes together - tastes far better than it sounds! :D hehe!

Pidgeon

Visit site
YAY for the ginger beastie :D nice to hear here back out and about. I'll pass on the food though, strange combination :D

H_J

Visit site
Well done, great result for you and hatts :)

Was lovely there wasnt it in the sunshine, me and doog were a bit rusty as our first event this year but I enjoyed it none the less!! All courses seemed to have been beefed up alot more compared to SOE 1 last year.

Hattikins

Visit site
Thanks everyone! :D so nice to have madam firing fully on all four cylinders:D

H_J: glad you had a positive day, where are you out next? you had lovely weather on sat, it was absolutely freezing sunday afternoon with an icy wind but it was drying out the ground uber fast so that was a big bonus! i thought bits of the course were slightly beefed up too, especially the step down complex and last water for the novice, both rode really well though. Mr Lear built his lovely enormous SJing too :D

H_J

Visit site
Im at MK next for the BE90 then hambledon BE100 so may see you at hambledon :)

I thought the BE100 steps down to that huge skinny was quite complex then onto the ditch and novice barrells! No let up fences inbetween! I had a whoopsie at the steps, was sooo worried about them as he hasnt been great with steps he leapt off and I feel off what a wally! Got on jumped the skinny then left it there, pretty peeved as I retired and they put me down as E but guess it doesnt really matter!

Hattikins

Visit site
Thats irritating! yes that steps to skinny then round to quarry is a fairly big ask, all the questions come at once! well done for hopping back on :D good luck at MK and Hambleden! may see you at Hambleden if i decide to enter :D

Baydale

Visit site
I'm going mad, I was sure I'd replied to this. Maybe it was the food mention that distracted me? ;) That's a really good outing and you know it won't be long before the placings come. :)

Hattikins

Visit site
Bizarre! I could have sworn I'd replied to your reply! We're both going mad! hehe! anyway thank you N, so pleased with the Hattie monster! :D :D

Rosiefan

Visit site
I'm going mad, I was sure I'd replied to this.
Me too - I remember putting in the quote of what you said about Rosie and thanking you. So I'll say it again - very well done team Hattikins, it wasn't the easiest of XC courses and you should be very proud of yourselves x

edited to add - if the original posts reappear Nicky and I are going to look as if we've gone senile :D

Last edited:

Hattikins

Visit site
Thank you RF :D It's nice to have a good run XC on "home turf" (well 15mins away from home "turf"!) :D

This forum must have a mind of it's own!! very strange...