Have any of you ever filmed your horse in stable?

mil1212

Visit site
I have cctv in my stables so I frequently look in on mine throughout the night. One is always having a lie down at 10pm, regular as clockwork! Interesting that some nights he is still munching his has at 3am, other nights he has finished it by 1, always the sane amount of hay.

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
Oh yes, for two very long periods of foal watch. One of them used to sleep at the same times everyday, 3 pm everyday nap time and 3 am every morn nap time.

Funnily enough once foal born the nap time stopped :)

Have also watched my foals in their later years and Shetland in the stable on 'pony vision' it's addictive!

Cowpony

Visit site
I would love to find out how he leaves a layer of poos on the bottom with clean straw on top so that his bed looks pristine in the morning until you start digging...

I've got one like that! People can never understand why it takes me so long to muck out, but her stable is filthy underneath!

Jo1987

Visit site
I would love to find out how he leaves a layer of poos on the bottom with clean straw on top so that his bed looks pristine in the morning until you start digging...

Haha my little guy is like this, it looks like he's left a lovely clean stable but have to turn the whole thing over to find all the poos! He will walk over to the very edge of his field to go to the toilet as well, I think he just likes the place tidy.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
I've got CCTV in my stables, too. Love peeking at them from my Ipad!

We use these cameras

http://foscam.co.uk/pan-tilt-cameras-1/foscam-fi8910e-black-wireless-ip-camera.html

Just got the one in at night at the mo. He's chilling now, alternating between lying down and standing, dozing. I go out to hay him up at 10pm, so from 9.30pm he has his head out over the stable door looking through the sitting room window in anticipation!

Nessa4

Visit site

Oh good, it's not just mine then! I want to know how he gets piles of poo right up in the far corner UNDER the apparently untouched straw bankings???

Foxy O

Visit site
I have cctv too, it can even look across the summer field, as well as in the stables. I can also check using my phone whilst at work :)

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
As title says, what did your horse do at night, did anything surprise you? And what camera did you use?

I have CCtV in my boy's stable ( fitted) two weeks ago due to him not right at the moment and having a couple of explained colic attacks.

Love it when he is dreaming and looks like he is going the grand National and when he is sitting up snoozing

Mariposa

Visit site
We have a web cam in one of the pony's boxes, which you can watch on your smart phone, and also move around. This is Prima having her breakfast on my phone! I imagine it'll be helpful when she has her foal (fingers crossed) in June!

]
eEt8El.png

XxCoriexX

Visit site
please excuse if this is a really stupid question! But do these cameras have to be plugged in at all? I would love one for my mare but not sure my yard owner would appreciate me using more electricity! she is a little bit strict on it which I understand as it means the bills can be ridiculously high!

Equi

Visit site
I didn't film but i was on watch once and sat in the stable for 4 hours. In that time my horse ate her dinner, pooed, snoozed, walked in a circle, ate a bit of hay, snoozed, pooed...

Horses don't really do much.

Equi

Visit site
To those with the webcams/cctv can you advise on them? I have a very thick stone stable, i get no mobile signal in there so doubt a wireless camera would work but its at least 150m from the house.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
To those with the webcams/cctv can you advise on them? I have a very thick stone stable, i get no mobile signal in there so doubt a wireless camera would work but its at least 150m from the house.

I have an already existing setup in my mares stable while she was on box rest (rip D) I chose to add to it while boy is off colour because I have to keep running out checking him. The cctv guy installed it and its fixed to the wall and runs off the yard electrics.

Equi

Visit site
I have an already existing setup in my mares stable while she was on box rest (rip D) I chose to add to it while boy is off colour because I have to keep running out checking him. The cctv guy installed it and its fixed to the wall and runs off the yard electrics.

Do you mind if i ask what sort of cost it was?

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Do you mind if i ask what sort of cost it was?

Well I already had the box recorder I just wanted one camera wired in, the other was the lilence plate one to spot trespassers in our car park.

Quotation 1 - Supply and Install CCTV Camera Viewing Inside of Stable

. Bullet style camera with ultra-high resolution 1.3 megapixel lens

. Video/power CCTV cabling, fixings and connect box

. Camera power supply equipment

. Plugs and connectors

. Installation approximately 3 hours

Parts and Labour £440.00 + VAT

Last edited: