Have made a very sad decision today.........

charlie76

Visit site
I have decided that the time has come to have my horse PTS and it will be done within the next week.

After lots of time, patience and money he is still lame even on 2 bute a day and I feel I am just putting off the inevitable so the decision has been made.

Very sad, I have had him since he was 2 years old and he's only 12- no age at all.

I hope he understands why.

Parkranger

Visit site
What a horrible decision to have to make - but sounds like it's an enevitable one. Sounds like you're doing the right thing although it's never easy.

xx

riotgirl

Visit site
You are doing the right thing for your horse - even if you feel wretched for it.
frown.gif

Nic

Visit site
I know how you feel we had our little one PTS 3 weeks ago due to cushings.

You know the time is right so don't doubt yourself. It is kinder to do it now before winter sets in and makes life more difficult.

Yes it will be upsetting but I don't regret my decision, it was the right thing for us both.

Huge hugs to you.

xx

H-J

www.piczo.com
I really feel for you, I had to make that decision a few weeks ago too and I thought the same I hope he understands but im sure they do. xx

S_N

Visit site
As has been said, a wiser and more considerate owner, your horse could not wish for! It's an awful decision to have to make, but I do with that more horses had such compassionate owners!! You are in my thoughts!!

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Very sad...... you have made your decision for the right reasons. Many people keep a horse going for the wrong reasons. You have put your horse's quality of life first & been very strong. You will feel terrible, that is understandable, but you decision is right.
So so sad.