Have you bought anything really nice lately?

ArklePig

Visit site
It's my birthday on Sunday and between that and Christmas I've got vouchers for the tack shop and a bit to put toward myself. I've had a really horrible year (in amongst some nice stuff too to be fair I'm not all misery) so really wanting to treat myself?

I currently just muck about in 50 pound Dublin jodhpur boots which do the job, but it crossed my mind to get a nice pair of long boots but then I'm afraid I'll never wear them and they'll just remind me how stalled my riding is and how bad a rider I am! I'm sorted for a coat as I splurged on an Ariat one when the NI Executive gave us all 100 pounds to spend local.

Has anyone bought anything frivolous or not recently that they love or would recommend? Share pony is pretty much sorted and I don't like to get him big ticket items as I don't want to step on toes etc with his owner.

I appreciate it's a nice problem to have so would love some ideas!

MuddyMonster

Visit site
I've just bought some base layers and riding tops - as my current lot were looking a bit shabby. There are some lovely ones about. Or a soft shell jacket? They are super useful.

ArklePig

Visit site

Shavings

Visit site
I haven’t yet but am in need of a new riding hat and have my eye on one when funds allow!
Don’t feel down op I think everyone’s riding has stalled the last 2 years I know mine has! And my waist line just kept going in stead of hitting the brakes, so it’s a car of getting my back side in gear I think

gryff

Visit site
I'm really liking my Scorching North Thermal riding rights. Very comfortable, lovely and cosy and very well made. Ariat Lowell base layers are really lovely, too.

southerncomfort

Visit site
I keep mine on a shoestring and always get cheap and cheerful stuff in the sales for me.

So I was absolutely chuffed to bits recently when I won a thermal base layer and smart gilet in an FB competition recently! They both feel very luxurious! ?

I also won £25 in the PayPal prize draw and treated myself to some new pyjama trousers and thermal socks! ?

Flame_

Visit site
I've gone on a little splurge whilst bored to death the last couple of days. New winter coat, wellies and welly bag coming next week. Feet warming insoles and a new wall calendar arrived today. Last but not least, went to the feed store for biotin and came back with four flashy new haynets and a new rubber curry comb for both of the mud caked boys. :cool: New Year's Resolution: Keep busy and go back to being a tight-arse.

Cowpony

Visit site
I've got long boots which I keep for competing, but actually my jodhpur boots and chaps cost more, so I should use my long boots all the time and just replace them when they wear out.

Last edited:

Pippity

Visit site
I bought myself a riding skirt (hi-viz orange, naturally) to keep my thighs warm when hacking. My horse still isn't a fan, but I am!

On the other end of the budget, I finally replaced my green stable chain with an orange one, to match all the rest of my stuff.

Cob Life

Visit site
I don’t compete but a few years ago thought stuff it and brought some treadstep long boots, I wear them for every day riding in the winter and love them
I bought myself a riding skirt (hi-viz orange, naturally) to keep my thighs warm when hacking. My horse still isn't a fan, but I am!
I’m really considering one of the riding skirts but I don’t think I’d use it as I’ve got waterproof breeches

I have just got some of the toggi sport flexi breeches and they’re great too

Baselayers I have loads of because I ride in them if it’s raining as they dry super quick

I’d really like a fleck whip too

smolmaus

Visit site
It was a while ago and a gift but a friend got me a LeMieux grooming bag for my birthday and I love it to bits. Previously my grooming bag was a pink tesco bag for life with unicorns on it, so perhaps it wasn't a frivolous item but I wouldn't have got a brand name bag for myself!

My current boots situation is possibly worse than yours, £35 Decathlon short boots that pinch my toes and leaking wellies. I'm looking at the Ariat Heritage paddock ones. Short legs make long boot shopping a flipping hassle!

ArklePig

Visit site
There are so many nice suggestions here but my favourite ones are the ones who've said get the boots. So what if I don't compete, am crippled after every ride with my dodgy hip/backand have zero confidence atm, I can at least look good.

I'm going to get nice boots. And probably something cute and frivolous for Finbar ☺️

Bluesy

Visit site
I just bought a new saddle ? also the le mieux loire long coat and blackcurrant saddle cloth, also thinking of getting the equilibrium massage mitt ??