Have you ever bought a horse with an existing illness/injury?

sunnyone

Visit site
We bought a sight unseen companion mare with numerous sarcoids. No history, just told that she was in foal. The foal turned out to be a lovely smart and capable chap. After weaning we wondered what the mare was like so tacked her up, an absolute gem! Gave my friend who rode out with me lots of happy hours, whilst the growing foal took on companion duties in her place.

Echo Bravo

Visit site
Megamanic24 sounds like he has EMS and needs his diet checked out my welsh sec a is on low sugar feeds plus Metformin tablets twice a day ask owner to have a blood test done.

Echo Bravo

Visit site
Megamacs24 if he is diabetic then he has EMS he should have a blood test done every 6 months to see how his insulin levels are. I found that soaking hay didn't help as it depends on the sugar content in hay so Pebbles has timothy haylage which is low in sugar and as I have to weigh her food every day this helps as I nearly lost her to laminitis last year not knowing what the problem was, as previous owner did know but didn't pass on, sharp lesson dually learn't, companion mare now useless for what I bought her for but she's mine

FfionWinnie

Visit site
I bought a psychologically and physically broken Welsh D 10 months ago. I hoped to get her sorted out as a light hack at best.

Turns out she had other plans and now she's sound, staying and aiming her at BE80 for a start ;)

Still a long way to go in her schooling but she's only been consistently worked under saddle for the last couple of months and is astoundingly better every time out. My non cob fan SJ instructor thinks she's awesome, which is very high praise coming from him!

Biggest and best risk I've taken with any horse in terms of pay off!

5305B748-8BFA-4E1A-A14C-E85C681AAEDC_zpstwx3enig.png