have you ever.......

4whitesocks

Visit site
Competed - Hunter trialled/x-country etc. with a hangover...if so any tips?

Have dinner party (we're throwing it) on Saturday night, 8 altogether for dinner, has been planned for ages BUT am semi-signed up for a local Hunter Trials on Sunday morning. now it's only pre-novice (unless we like the look of the Novice course) but still I get stressed at the opening of an envelope so I'm sure a hangover is likely to double the bloody nerves....any thoughts? Should I just be sensible and give it a miss?

Also how do you tell your OH that he's gonna be doing the dishes by himself on Sunday morning??

tigers_eye

Visit site
Oh yes *said in Churchill manner*! And it's the best way of getting rid of it! It will probably also reduce your nerves. Just make sure you are sober enough to drive to the competition, remember an hour to synthesise a unit or whatever it is...

Aleka81

Visit site
I did it 4 weeks ago! It was awful. Well course walk was dreadful all the booze sweating out of my system was grosse!
Actual round wasn't to bad as my adrenaline talk over. Would not advise it though!
But hey give it a go. You might be fine!
tongue.gif

4whitesocks

Visit site
Hmmmm - that is a fair point....but I do have a bit of a masochistic streak in me...

Am taking a spin around xcountry course at new yard tomorrow so think will see how he is and then make up my mind...if he's stressy then adding a hangover ain't gonna help much. YO offered to ride him if I decide not to so could take her up on that and wander around being an 'owner' for a change....

Niamhy

photobucket.com

Hangover actually eases the nerves!! My friend Tina (cant remember if you met her at Stradbally, Tall Blonde?) swears by drinking the night before. She used to actually get sick at events, but if she has a few drinks the night before there is literally no stopping her! Shed jump anything!

SillyMare

Visit site
Oh definitely - I think it is much better for the nerves if you feel too rotten to stress.

However horrid I feel when I'm walking the course and getting sorted out, it all seems to be OK once I am mounted and going.

Good point above about being sober enough to drive the horse - I could never live with myself if I had an accident driving the box and I had been drinking.

TGM

Visit site
My best hunter trial result ever was with the most awful hangover. Normally I was never fast enough because I rode round in a too controlled manner, but because I was so hungover I didn't give a monkeys and let the horse go round at his own pace and ended up coming first
grin.gif

CSYMolly

community.webshots.com
THe only time I have ever won a 2 day event was when I was still a bit drunk fromt he night before and had had about 3 hours sleep. I was so relaxed I sung round the entire course. Mind you I was about 20 at the time and certainly wouldn't trust the horse I have now. As for the OH - he'll get over it!

fizzer

Visit site
think most of my cross country days in my teens were done atfer a good session the night before, your hangover will
take away your worries and fears, it worked for me

Vicky7041

Visit site
I competed at a major mounted games comp very hungover, possibly still drink! (someone else was driving lorry this time before you wonder!) I actually rode the best for ages, because I was totally fearless! SO maybe give it a go!