Have you got enough energy for another (tricky!) horse for sale hunt... Broken to drive....

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
Would a 3 year old Noriker gelding in Poland be interesting?
https://hastnet.se/sv/annons/super-unik-valack-f-17-1436092

a98b3a6a-968a-4dd8-a3c8-3f209d7dc43a.jpeg

rara007

Visit site

splash30

Visit site
Shame I have possibly a perfect pony but not broken to drive only ride. A trot he can stay in for hours and hardy as the come plus good looking (well to me anyway ?)

cobsandbassets

Visit site
Nessa
The big but tricky thing- broken to drive, doesn’t need to be ‘schooled’ at it and totally green would be better than worked at Blackpool but must be happy in shafts. Happy to break in to ride myself but don’t want anything that drives as it’s bonkers ridden as that’s a bit of a red flag as to why.
4-10yo, possibly a little older if low mileage
14.2 full up up to 16hh possibly a little over if fine.
Male- ideally gelding but would consider extremely well mannered stallion but may well geld it anyway.
As smart a horse a possible! Must have the ability to collect to a degree and a decent natural extension even if that’s not schooled into its work yet. It’s about advanced medium I’m expecting it to school to but with an over emphasis on the trots so doesn’t need to be a world beater but anything stuffy won’t cut it. Must have a bit of its own brain to balance XC. Literally any breed considered but anything very heavy unlikely to be suitable and pure Friesians rarely have the stamina or responsiveness I want. As much as something dressage bred that’s come out small and a bit plain would be perfect my current horse is an overgrown jumping pony and I wouldn’t be snobby over a cob or a trotter if it had the potential. No pacers. Do have a soft spot for high % PBAs too but not many driving.
This side of Europe....!
Not unlimited budget but reasonable for the right horse.
Expect I’ll have to look at unbrokens to find the quality I want but it’s such a gamble I thought it’d try to recruit more to the search!
He'd

cobsandbassets

Visit site
The big but tricky thing- broken to drive, doesn’t need to be ‘schooled’ at it and totally green would be better than worked at Blackpool but must be happy in shafts. Happy to break in to ride myself but don’t want anything that drives as it’s bonkers ridden as that’s a bit of a red flag as to why.
4-10yo, possibly a little older if low mileage
14.2 full up up to 16hh possibly a little over if fine.
Male- ideally gelding but would consider extremely well mannered stallion but may well geld it anyway.
As smart a horse a possible! Must have the ability to collect to a degree and a decent natural extension even if that’s not schooled into its work yet. It’s about advanced medium I’m expecting it to school to but with an over emphasis on the trots so doesn’t need to be a world beater but anything stuffy won’t cut it. Must have a bit of its own brain to balance XC. Literally any breed considered but anything very heavy unlikely to be suitable and pure Friesians rarely have the stamina or responsiveness I want. As much as something dressage bred that’s come out small and a bit plain would be perfect my current horse is an overgrown jumping pony and I wouldn’t be snobby over a cob or a trotter if it had the potential. No pacers. Do have a soft spot for high % PBAs too but not many driving.
This side of Europe....!
Not unlimited budget but reasonable for the right horse.
Expect I’ll have to look at unbrokens to find the quality I want but it’s such a gamble I thought it’d try to recruit more to the search!
Have messaged you.

katastrophykat

Visit site
Rara, I’d speak to the Boswells before ruling out a cob, Rebecca March’s boy is a phenomenal cob and extends beautifully- competing nationally and very well!
even the Coblet that I brought out a couple of years ago has a very decent dressage and no nonsense in the obstacles- I’d have hogged and clipped her tbh, as Bex has but she wasn’t mine and owner didn’t continue with the driving ??‍♀️
I will keep my eyes open though.

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
I'd have a call around some driving people in the UK, they will have great contacts and will know the sort of horse your looking for.

rara007

Visit site
I have contacts in the sports driving world in most countries in the UK as well as Holland and Germany all keeping an ear out :) Basically as close to a sports horse as I can get that drives and is 4 figures! I’m not going to be able to afford the flashier bred (horses by painted black, donnerhall etc) realistically and the out and out tuigpaard KWPNs are mainly too big so hoping to find something that’s ‘just’ a nice horse that happens to be able to drive...! An overgrown sports pony like my other would be perfect. I have 1 to view Friday that’s not advertised online- kwpn, ride and drive, not competed, so I think that’ll give me an idea of what’s going to float my boat and if I can take the gamble with something not yet driving.

Leo Walker

Visit site
Is this to run alongside your boy or are you wanting to do pairs again? I'm still trying to find out about the part bred Spanish gelding. I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything

rara007

Visit site
Run along side :) To be mainly ridden and schooled for the next few years slowly bringing on and as ‘b’ string ready to take over when R is ready for a back seat or even just to split the load. R going strong and one of the youngest at his level but it takes forwards planning to make another! R is too spoilt to be a pair and horse pairs isn’t my game :)

rara007

Visit site
Update!
Spoken to a Spanish breeder and decided against an uncompeted one. Quite tempted by a lippi though.
Tomorrow have 2 to view, both a bit of a compromise. 1x 16hh tuigpaard kwpn 9yo gelding hacked only ride and drive so far. 2x 16.1 hanno (Rotspon/High Top) 13yo quite a bit of experience at the lower levels...
We shall see!

Clodagh

Visit site
Update!
Spoken to a Spanish breeder and decided against an uncompeted one. Quite tempted by a lippi though.
Tomorrow have 2 to view, both a bit of a compromise. 1x 16hh tuigpaard kwpn 9yo gelding hacked only ride and drive so far. 2x 16.1 hanno (Rotspon/High Top) 13yo quite a bit of experience at the lower levels...
We shall see!

Good news. Exciting! I hope it goes well

rara007

Visit site
Horse 1- serious serious horse. Much bigger than anticipated, vv massive paces and just asking to be schooled, totally blank canvas to drive. But too big and impatient putting too for the set up I have. Also probably wouldn’t have fitted my lorry! Cute ride too. For someone a bit more experienced in that type of horse a steal.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Horse 1- serious serious horse. Much bigger than anticipated, vv massive paces and just asking to be schooled, totally blank canvas to drive. But too big and impatient putting too for the set up I have. Also probably wouldn’t have fitted my lorry! Cute ride too. For someone a bit more experienced in that type of horse a steal.

I hope horse 2 is a better fit for you. :)

rara007

Visit site
Horse 2- lovely chunky horse. Sadly again not right fit- would suit an intermediate driver looking to move up to national level or anyone that can cope with a 16.1 WB to just have fun. Too old to make the step up from that level for me. Sure he would go up the levels with someone as he’s quality and a super character but not going to be quick to progress to the level I want.

new spec has been devised...!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Vivien Miles is with Jess Allan and Kate Skirrow in Harpenden.
2 hrs
1591567064908.jpeg
Friends please can you share this for me...
My beautiful Pelote is ? for a new ?. He is an 11 year old, 16 hand bay PRE (Pure Spanish Horse) - he is graded and Ancce/ Bapsh registered.
This has been a very hard decision; I imported him in 2014 and we have spent the past 6 years professionally schooling him, local dressage and hours of hacking ( alone and in company). He has taught me so much - I am selling him as he is just that little bit too much horse for me. We are retiring to Dorset and finding the right 5* home is my priority for him.
Pelote is a highly intelligent and affectionate horse with impeccable manners on the ground. Ridden he has amazing paces with incredible power so needs a confident and capable rider - no nervous or novice riders please. He never does anything nasty but has moments of great power - they are a hot breed. In the right hands he could do medium dressage but is also a great horse for a competent rider to have real fun on.
He is excellent with the farrier, vet, dentist, to clip, load and travel.
His ? to reflect that the fact that he flexs positive to both hind limbs in a recent 5* vetting however the vet commented that he was very sound lunging on the hard ground and not lame at all on the rest of the test.
Finding the right 5* home is my main priority- no novices, no dealers, no trials or unseen sales.
Can be seen in Hertfordshire.
If you are a capable, confident rider looking for a beautiful PRE to have some fun on then please get in touch.
DM or contact 07985 248 719