Have you had your horse at your wedding? Can we see you pictures?

Vickijay

Visit site
Hello,

I was going to take a fellow HHO'ers pony to her wedding for her as a surprise but for one reason and another I have told her the plans (mostly because I read thread on here about a persons pony having a heart attack and dropping down dead outside the church :eek:)

So the plan is that he shall go to the ball so we were wondering if we could have any inspiration by seeing any photos of your horses at your wedding?

We can offer wine, chocolate hobnobs, gin and the promise that you will get to see any pics after the big day :D

Love Vicki and SmartieBean09 x

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
I've posted these so many times, if you've seen them before, please look away and don't hate me! :eek:

I was obviously safety conscious with the hat and toecap boots etc.....

Vickijay

Visit site
They are lovely. Did you have any unridden ones? SmartieBean is reluctant to get on the pony on the actual day but we will probably do round 2 of pictures after the day just in case of dress based disaster!!!

StoptheCavalry

Visit site
I'm getting married next August and would love for my boy to be there. Although practically I'm not sure it will work for me. He's extremely neurotic and would probably have a complete meltdown trampling all my guests in the process. It looks so beautiful though, one of my fellow liveries has said she would bring him all plaited up for me. Maybe I should try and calm him down between then and now....

StoptheCavalry

Visit site
That is a great idea. Put my dress back on for a photo day. That way I don't have to panics about his ploughing through the marquee and trampling my dress!

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
I did, they were of me basically snogging him :p

I practised getting on from a stepladder beforehand in a big poufy charity shop dress to get him used to it, glad I have no pics of that lol, it was bright pink and taffeta :D

DanceswithCows

Visit site
I had my ox at mine! He was only a baby at the time though. I had planned riding my adult one, but after hand knitting my dress I was reluctant to ruin it, so settled for taking my littly. So glad I did because Ted's proved himself so much better than all the rest - my bovine soulmate :D :cool:

luckyoldme

Visit site
I had my ox at mine! He was only a baby at the time though. I had planned riding my adult one, but after hand knitting my dress I was reluctant to ruin it, so settled for taking my littly. So glad I did because Ted's proved himself so much better than all the rest - my bovine soulmate :D :cool:

totally beautiful photos..... not many people will have photo s like that to look back on,,,just beautiful.

luckyoldme

Visit site
I love the setting too..it looks so relaxed and much nicer than the posed for type of pictures I usually see. We get married in September with only 8 people present in total, I really hope I have photo s which are as unique as yours, to remember our day by!

hoggedmane

Visit site
My first pony came to my wedding. She was 30 years old and I didn't know she as coming. When I walked out of the church I burst into tears. That was great for the photos. It was pre digital age so no photo as I can't scan due to technical problems!

dollymix

Visit site
I actually got ready at the holiday cottages on our yard. I had family and friends up for the wedding (I live quite a way from where I grew up), so we booked out all the cottages. On the day of the wedding, I was wide awake at 5.45am so went out to muck out!!!

Whilst I was getting ready, my friends groomed, plaited and bedecked my two with ribbons in secret and brought them over to the cottage to see me off. Was lovely to see them all shiny and have some nice pics taken. Photographer was desperate to get me on one of them, but my older mare was coming no where near me in a dress and the other was still a bit too young to be trustworthy! Didn't want to start my wedding fashionably late as I'd had to visit A&E!! lol

luckyoldme

Visit site
I love all these pictures. Having my horse at my wedding was a source of one or two disagreements with my husband to be...its now ruled out because we are getting married in oz.
I have noticed all you ladies manage to look perfect and beautiful, and also have your equine friends around. Unfortunately I could only envisage for me a dress covered in slobbers and piles of horse poo complete with **** stained sandals because im known to be very clumsy!

DanceswithCows

Visit site
I didn't spin it, but it was hand spun - I clipped it from the animal! We use wensleydale rams to produce crossbred ewes so always have the odd fleece hanging about that its not economically viable to process, but as soon as he proposed I knew what I was going to do with it!

It took 44hrs of stitching, 22,000 stitches. I also had the non knitted bits felted, and my mother in law put it all together for me. My bouquet was felted roses too :D My boots were handmade, the cake was made by friends and the ornament, used at a friend's wedding some 40yrs ago, was lent by them and we did all the food ourselves!

The morning was busy - first of all I was finishing knitting my sleeves, then I had to go pick up the local strawberries, then I had to help set the food out and left myself only a hour to get ready! :eek:

irishcob

Visit site
I rode my mare to church, and then 'persauded' my new husband to ride on to the reception with me. Wouldn't have changed a thing for the world! The mare was an ex-polo pony, and this was her final duty as I then retired her.

Oh, and I borrowed the coloured cob from the local RDA centre as husband didn't really know how to ride, so thought I'd best not break him straight away!!

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
Loving all of these so much though it makes me sad that I won't have my new horse in time to have them at our wedding.

HashRouge

Visit site
I rode my mare to church, and then 'persauded' my new husband to ride on to the reception with me. Wouldn't have changed a thing for the world! The mare was an ex-polo pony, and this was her final duty as I then retired her.

Oh, and I borrowed the coloured cob from the local RDA centre as husband didn't really know how to ride, so thought I'd best not break him straight away!!
Fab photos!! You and OH look great :)

Ahrena

Visit site
I am so going to ride Squirrel to my wedding.

Afterall, if it were legal and not considered rather bizarre, he'd be my first choice of husband - sorry OH!
:D

*sprinkles*

Visit site

This is just wonderful! I would love to have my horses with me on my wedding day, but we are getting married abroad so it would be a logistical nightmare haha!