Having a foot back

parsley

Visit site
We used to have one back to make sure that they had been PTS rather than sold on. My mum also kept one that had navicular so that she could boil it down and see what the bone looked like
grin.gif

eekmon

Visit site
My horse has a symetrically stripy near fore and I always say I want it when he goes!
shocked.gif
Whether I will or not, I don't know! My sister used to work in antiques and came across a hoof ashtray and paperweights made of the ears of a steeplechaser, that won some big race back in eighteen hundred and something!!
crazy.gif

parsley

Visit site
How will you remove the inner from the foot? From memmory thay come with quite a bit of the leg attached! Paperweight ears is just a bit horrible
grin.gif

riotgirl

Visit site
My neighbours have a hoof from one of their old horses. They had it mounted in silver and it is used as a doorstop. Creeps me out!! I just had a lock of my boys mane when he was PTS.

RachelB

Visit site
Eugh, yack! Mane I can cope with, but a foot??? No way I'm not doing that! Eugh! Sends shivers down my spine! It was bad enough having to dissect a leg for my degree, let alone knowing it was once attached to my lovely horse!
How strange!

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
confused.gif
Would have horse PTS @ home, so wouldn't need a foot to know he had gone and not been sold on.
confused.gif
Do you send yours off alive then?

eekmon

Visit site
Well as I said, I don't know if I will have it but it has become a bit of a standing joke that I will coz it is stripey!! I have often thought about how to go about it
shocked.gif
In reality I probably will be in too much of a state to even think about it! And now people think I am strange for even thinking it!!
blush.gif
blush.gif