Hay balls

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
Does anyone use these hay balls, in particular smaller ponies or donkeys? I am thinking of getting a couple for the donkeys. Now Dolly is gone it seems to have upset the feeding ratio of hay in the field. They are both getting the correct amount twice a day, but wolfing it down and then standing around hollering at us for more food, whenever we step outside the door. We think one of them in particular is feeling her absence quite badly (💔) and is moping about looking very fed up between meals, so the entertainment value might be a good idea too.

Do you think they pony size would be safe for little donkey hooves and would they have the patience to roll it about and pull the hay out of the holes. Does it get to a point where they can't get to the last lb or so of hay so just leave it? Any thoughts in particular if you have used one to slow down greedy feeders would be great thank you. Any particular make for preference?

Sandstone1

Visit site
Not used the hay balls but do use treat balls which my little pony loves and keeps him occupied . I would think the hay balls are similar.

dottylottie

Visit site
i have 2, one i found on etsy brand new, £40! it has small holes and does a good job of slowing down my fatties, they can still get the last bits out. neither of them can get straw out of the small holed one though!