hay bars

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
I'm quite concerned about these, my worry is that legs could get stuck in them....has this ever happened to anyone? I have a home made version as posted the other week, how high should it be for an 11.2ish pony to prevent him putting his legs in??

Louby

Visit site
Sorry not answering you question but I bought a haybar recently although its not been put up yet. I had the opposite worry, it looks that big I worried that he'd never reach the bottom. He'd have to rear up to get his leg in it.

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Haybars look positively enormous till they are fixed to the wall. As long as the top of the Haybar isn't above chest height he should be able to reach to the bottom, no problem. If pony will probably need the smaller version, rather than the large horse one.

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
I have never heard of a horse/pony getting their legs stuck in one. Don't know what your home made version is like, but as long as the top edge is somewhere between chest and forearm height is should be fine.

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
I have them for all of mine and even the youngsters have never got their legs stuck in them - once they are fixed to wall they do not look nearly as big as they appear unfixed. Personally would not be without mine, even though Colin the Colt likes to try to dismantle his, he has never been able to, although he did pull the tube that goes round the rim off - everything is rounded off so no harm done