HAY NETS grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Scoopy

Visit site
Turned up to the yard last night, and haynet was hanging out of boys mouth, he suddenly saw me and dropped all evidence out of his mouth
shocked.gif
, now there had to be the nice new hay nets that i have just bought as well ! My boy does not chew anything ! i think this is what you call revenge for not letting him out into the field last night due to heavy rain
smirk.gif

He is no good with hay on the floor as he uses it for bedding or toilet station.
frown.gif

So i would like you opinions on hay bars or hay racks ? for or against !

katelarge

Visit site
I'm sure I have got some haynets out in the garage, do you want me to dig them out for you?

Where I am now we have hay racks that are closed in on all sides that you can fill from outside the stable. You do tend to get the hay all over yourself it has to be said but they seem good. I do like the look of the haybar things that fill one corner and are low down. One thing I would say about hay racks is they are quite high and you must get some hay falling on to their face and even in their eyes.

Naughty Sky! xx

Claireg9

Visit site
I use a water tank, its black round and plastic, bigger than any tubtrug, you know like whats in your roof for your house! Anyway i also attach it to the wall tih the pic Ellie Beast posted and it works brilliantly for Blue!
Never use haynets now since she got tangled in one!
She broke it as it was tighed up properly! then my other horse did it and the horse kept next to us all in the space of three days, neither of us use haynets now!

flyingfeet

Visit site
What's wrong with feeding on the ground????

I do that and incorporate any left overs into the bed so that nothing is wasted.

Only use hay nets for travelling, and that's only because thicko horses won't eat out of tidier hay bags (which annoys me as hay blows straight from trailer into my vehicle!!)

TGM

Visit site
I don't like haynets at all, so I feed two of mine from the ground. However, my old mare just cannot be fed that way as she wastes far too much by treading, poohing or weeing on it
crazy.gif
. So she has hers in a hayrack (metal economy one from Robinsons).