Hay play / roller balls

gostelr

Visit site
I've used the hay play ball in an outside paddock for ponies on a diet. It does slow them down a bit compared to loose hay (not massively - I think they can get through it quicker than a small hole net) & they soon get the hang of using it. & stomping on it. & picking it up & lobbing it out of the paddock. & kicking it into next door's paddock. Luckily they are robust. You can fit about 3 or 4lbs of hay in it if you stuff it full. Most of the ponies seem to like it & all of them will use it if that is where their dinner is.

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
I have a hayball for one of mine as she wears shoes so cant have a hay pillow like the others. She seems to like it and it does mean she has to tootle round her stable after it and slows her speed of ewring it down. Also stops her smooshing her hay into her bed ?

lamlyn2012

Visit site
I have one mainly for when he's in earlier during the long winter nights. I like it as it keeps him moving a bit in the stable. Also use it in the winter turnout area, again to keep him moving. Our stables are close to the house and we here him banging it about when we're in bed so don't leave it in all night?.

vmac66

Visit site
I have a Hayplay for my horse. She does seem to like it and Hay is gone in the morning. She can also soak her own hay by dropping the ball in her water bucket.