haybar

debbielinder

Visit site
does any one have a haybar for their horse? wanted to get ebony one but didnt think i would have anywhere to put it in her stable but went to feedplace today and they had one in there and my auntie said she was sure we could find a way of getting it in. but before i go spending ridiculous amounts of money on the horse again wanted to know if any one had one and what they thought off it. can a horse get their foot caught in it if they roll? cos mine throws herself round the stable when she rolls. how much hay do they hold mines only 15.1 but eats a lot! so want to make sure shes got enough. and where abouts in our stables you've put it cos it may have to go at the back thanx

Claireg9

Visit site
i have heard of horses getting caught on them whilst rolling, for a cheaper option i got a round plastic water tank that goes in the loft of your house, got a couple of trigger clips and attached the tank with bailing twine to the clips, if horse gets to caught up it will most certainly break not damaging the horse as much, ok you'll probably have to replace the tank but far cheaper than leg!
Just a thought x

mangobiscuit

Visit site
I was thinking of getting one too - but this sounds like a good (not to mention much cheaper) option!!

How big is the tub that you use and how high to you secure it off the ground?

x
laugh.gif

ExRacers

Visit site
Well I've got a haybar for my 17hh horse which is just fitted in a corner of his stable and holds more than enough hay to keep him going overnight. Absolutely no problems with him rolling in the stable either and getting caught up in it! They are just so labour & time saving I'm getting another for my new horse as well. Cannot recommend them highly enough.

Peanot

Visit site
I just put my hay on the floor at the front of the stable as she has rubber mats at the front half and shavings on the back half. Her stable is quite a long one. I have no problems and I prefer her to eat from the floor.