Haycube?

LittleBlueBird

Visit site
I’ve read the previous threads but most are pretty dated now.

Pony isn’t greedy but has a habit of putting hay in her bedding if I feed from the ground so a lot is wasted.

Can anyone still vouch for the Haycube?
Thank you

Annagain

Visit site
One of the girls at the yard has one. They seem to be very well made but I don't think it would necessarily stop the hay in the bed issue. We have one who pulls everything out of his Hay Bar and throws it in his bed and I would imagine the Haycube would be similar. If we fluff it up lots so he can take small mouthfuls, that helps but it still gets compressed at the bottom. I imagine a hay cube would be worse for that as the shape is a lot more rigid.

TPO

Visit site
I love them!

I had the original sl version but now 2 out of 3 are the new ones.

Yes there are still very annoying "design flaws" but they are fantastic even more so if you use them to soak hay.

Newest big horse is a waster and pulls hay out and dumps it but much less waste then from net or ground. He's a meanance that way but definitely reduced wastage compared to previous haybars

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I still have mine and still use it. It works really well, I actually have 2 but need to soak much more hay these days so just use the one for smaller amounts.
I’d definitely use it daily if I only had one or two horses to soak for.
My hot are does still pull hay out but it’s not trashed round the whole bed like it used to be if I put loose hay on the floor. It’s also a far more correct position than hay nets and easy to rinse out with the hose.

LaurenBay

Visit site
I loved mine, but mine didn't pull hay into her bedding. Not sure I would have loved it so much if that is what she did haha

awelshandawarmblood

Visit site
Both my boys have them and I find them fab! Yes theres a bit on the floor in the morning, but just the close surrounding area, not dragged around the bed like it is if you put it on the floor. I'd rather that as a pay off than have them yanking at nets all night.