Haygain forager replacement regulators

TreeDog

Visit site
I have a haygain forager and it's great, I much prefer it to nets. It came with two regulators, I started with the one with bigger holes but my horse broke two of the plastic clips holding it in place so it doesn't work well anymore, I tried using carabiner clips to replace the broken clips but this is so fiddly to do. I switched to the harder regulator but he's broken one clip already within 2 weeks of use. I've tried contacting haygain about it but they were pretty useless. There are replacements for sale on ebay £50 for 2 but at that price I don't want to have to buy replacements so frequently!

Anyone had similar problems? Any idea what I could try to make them last longer or ideas for something I could use instead of the regulator?

Christmas Crumpet

Visit site
Just use the carabiner clips - seriously they get far easier the more you use them I promise and now I don't even think about it. Its far easier and cheaper than getting new regulators!!

TreeDog

Visit site
I bought mine second hand but new, but it didn't come with any haygain carabiner clips so I'm just using normal ones. Haygain said theirs are £20 for a set. Are they much different to normal ones?