haylage prices and how long does it last!

showjump2003

Visit site
I feel like we are going through haylage at a rediculous rateat the moment and it's costing me a small fortune! I have three horses and three small cows. I would say the cows eat the same as a one horse. So lets just say I have four horses.

I would be interested to know how much you pay for a round bale of nice haylage and how long it lasts and between how many horses!

clipertyplop

Visit site
i have one large square bale lasts my 2 horses 6-7 days ad-lib costs £18 delivered, if i was on the small bale horse hage 1 bale a day would not be enough and those i think are now £5.80 a bale

clipclop

Visit site
£15 a bale for gorgeous haylage.
Lasts about a week for 2 horses and one cow.
smile.gif

rrose

Visit site
haylage has gone up in price around here. we buy 45 bales for 1000 so thats about £22 bale because its brought in bulk. sorry this might not be anyhelp to you at all. but we use 1 bale every 2 days for 7 horses.

xxcharlottexx

Visit site
£12 for a small bale, would last about 3 weeks for 1 horse but supplier has nearly run out of those so were on large bales at £22 lasts just under 3 weeks for 2 horses as im sharing with my friend, but there nets are very big

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
We make our own and it costs around £12 a bale to make plus the labour.
At the moment we are feeding six bales every two days (six feeders in different places) so even to us it costs us £72 every two days! We are however feeding lots of horses on that amount...
I knew buying was going to be expensive (posted about it warning back in July), we have to buy in more end of season and I am dreading it this year.